Aug 26, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
The minds and hearts of men are truly curious in their workings; they devise brilliant plans, painful follies, touching connections, terrible deceits, and on occasion, ideas of incredible ingenuity and the potential to change the world.
They also, apparently, conjure the idea to create a small edible figurine of Paul Pierce for undoubtable commercial gains. Behold, via SportsGrid, the Celtics star in all of his milk chocolate glory, as a promotion for his tour across China:
I can’t think of a particularly compelling reason why someone shouldn’t make Paul Pierce into a delectable chocolate treat, but justifications for the idea are pretty slim as well. I suppose there’s no shame in attempting to cash in on Pierce’s visit with the NBA-hungry (hyuk, hyuk, hyuk) audiences in China. I just can’t say that biting off the head of a mini-Pierce would be my first choice in snackery. Then again, Lakers fans may disagree.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 1
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29