Aug 26, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
The minds and hearts of men are truly curious in their workings; they devise brilliant plans, painful follies, touching connections, terrible deceits, and on occasion, ideas of incredible ingenuity and the potential to change the world.
They also, apparently, conjure the idea to create a small edible figurine of Paul Pierce for undoubtable commercial gains. Behold, via SportsGrid, the Celtics star in all of his milk chocolate glory, as a promotion for his tour across China:
I can’t think of a particularly compelling reason why someone shouldn’t make Paul Pierce into a delectable chocolate treat, but justifications for the idea are pretty slim as well. I suppose there’s no shame in attempting to cash in on Pierce’s visit with the NBA-hungry (hyuk, hyuk, hyuk) audiences in China. I just can’t say that biting off the head of a mini-Pierce would be my first choice in snackery. Then again, Lakers fans may disagree.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6