Aug 26, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
When in China…
Nope, not going to do it. Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire would not do as the Chinese do with one thing — he would not eat some Chinese street food.
Spent my last few days getting the local flavor of the people and culture of Beijing by visiting the Chinese Street Market. I was starving, but there was no way I was messing with these. They deep fry them here. I am going to have to pass!
First off — everything is good deep fried.
Adjusting to the food is one of the hardest parts for players going to China, if you ask players who have gone to China. That “Chinese food” you get delivered in the cute little boxes? Very Americanized. Not what they eat there, and what they eat there is a shock to the American palate.
Still Amar’e, not one bite of scorpion? It tastes like chicken. If chickens had poisonous stingers.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28