Aug 26, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
When in China…
Nope, not going to do it. Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire would not do as the Chinese do with one thing — he would not eat some Chinese street food.
Spent my last few days getting the local flavor of the people and culture of Beijing by visiting the Chinese Street Market. I was starving, but there was no way I was messing with these. They deep fry them here. I am going to have to pass!
First off — everything is good deep fried.
Adjusting to the food is one of the hardest parts for players going to China, if you ask players who have gone to China. That “Chinese food” you get delivered in the cute little boxes? Very Americanized. Not what they eat there, and what they eat there is a shock to the American palate.
Still Amar’e, not one bite of scorpion? It tastes like chicken. If chickens had poisonous stingers.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4