Aug 26, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
When in China…
Nope, not going to do it. Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire would not do as the Chinese do with one thing — he would not eat some Chinese street food.
Spent my last few days getting the local flavor of the people and culture of Beijing by visiting the Chinese Street Market. I was starving, but there was no way I was messing with these. They deep fry them here. I am going to have to pass!
First off — everything is good deep fried.
Adjusting to the food is one of the hardest parts for players going to China, if you ask players who have gone to China. That “Chinese food” you get delivered in the cute little boxes? Very Americanized. Not what they eat there, and what they eat there is a shock to the American palate.
Still Amar’e, not one bite of scorpion? It tastes like chicken. If chickens had poisonous stingers.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 4
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 5
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 21
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 9
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)