Aug 26, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
When in China…
Nope, not going to do it. Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire would not do as the Chinese do with one thing — he would not eat some Chinese street food.
Spent my last few days getting the local flavor of the people and culture of Beijing by visiting the Chinese Street Market. I was starving, but there was no way I was messing with these. They deep fry them here. I am going to have to pass!
First off — everything is good deep fried.
Adjusting to the food is one of the hardest parts for players going to China, if you ask players who have gone to China. That “Chinese food” you get delivered in the cute little boxes? Very Americanized. Not what they eat there, and what they eat there is a shock to the American palate.
Still Amar’e, not one bite of scorpion? It tastes like chicken. If chickens had poisonous stingers.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 43
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 47
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11