Aug 25, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Jordan Farmar — one of the handful of Jewish players in the NBA — will play during the lockout for Maccabi Tel Aviv, essentially the Yankees of the Israeli league and a European powerhouse.
And they are pretty excited to have him there — this is video of his arrival at the airport. (hat tip to I am a GM)
Best part of this: Farmar is wearing a “nice Jewish boy” T-shirt.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2