Aug 25, 2011, 11:43 AM EST
Jordan Farmar — one of the handful of Jewish players in the NBA — will play during the lockout for Maccabi Tel Aviv, essentially the Yankees of the Israeli league and a European powerhouse.
And they are pretty excited to have him there — this is video of his arrival at the airport. (hat tip to I am a GM)
Best part of this: Farmar is wearing a “nice Jewish boy” T-shirt.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 6
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 19
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15