Aug 25, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and that is what we do.
• Wilson Chandler has inked to play for Olympia Milano in Italy, but has struck one of the more unique deals. His contract is for the first few months of the season only (with an opt-out clause) then the two sides will re-evaluate. The Knicks forward will be with Milano through the bulk of the EuroLeague, which is what matters most to the team. This is Danilo Gallinari’s old team and he could rejoin the squad next season as well.
• Dwyane Wade reiterated on ESPN’s Mike & Mike show Thursday that he will go overseas if the opportunity presents itself and the lockout drags on. He’s said that consistently.
• Stephon Marbury has signed with the Beijing Ducks, a team he has played for before in the Chinese Basketball Association.
• Warriors first-round draft pick Klay Thompson’s agent is looking at Spain, France and Italy as options if the lockout drags out. His father and advisor is former NBA player Mychal Thompson, who played in Greece for years and calls that some of the best times of his life. That said, he has guaranteed NBA money waiting once the lockout ends, an injury is a big risk for him.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 2
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)