Aug 25, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and that is what we do.
• Wilson Chandler has inked to play for Olympia Milano in Italy, but has struck one of the more unique deals. His contract is for the first few months of the season only (with an opt-out clause) then the two sides will re-evaluate. The Knicks forward will be with Milano through the bulk of the EuroLeague, which is what matters most to the team. This is Danilo Gallinari’s old team and he could rejoin the squad next season as well.
• Dwyane Wade reiterated on ESPN’s Mike & Mike show Thursday that he will go overseas if the opportunity presents itself and the lockout drags on. He’s said that consistently.
• Stephon Marbury has signed with the Beijing Ducks, a team he has played for before in the Chinese Basketball Association.
• Warriors first-round draft pick Klay Thompson’s agent is looking at Spain, France and Italy as options if the lockout drags out. His father and advisor is former NBA player Mychal Thompson, who played in Greece for years and calls that some of the best times of his life. That said, he has guaranteed NBA money waiting once the lockout ends, an injury is a big risk for him.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 26
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8