Aug 25, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and that is what we do.
• Wilson Chandler has inked to play for Olympia Milano in Italy, but has struck one of the more unique deals. His contract is for the first few months of the season only (with an opt-out clause) then the two sides will re-evaluate. The Knicks forward will be with Milano through the bulk of the EuroLeague, which is what matters most to the team. This is Danilo Gallinari’s old team and he could rejoin the squad next season as well.
• Dwyane Wade reiterated on ESPN’s Mike & Mike show Thursday that he will go overseas if the opportunity presents itself and the lockout drags on. He’s said that consistently.
• Stephon Marbury has signed with the Beijing Ducks, a team he has played for before in the Chinese Basketball Association.
• Warriors first-round draft pick Klay Thompson’s agent is looking at Spain, France and Italy as options if the lockout drags out. His father and advisor is former NBA player Mychal Thompson, who played in Greece for years and calls that some of the best times of his life. That said, he has guaranteed NBA money waiting once the lockout ends, an injury is a big risk for him.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85