Aug 25, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and that is what we do.
• Wilson Chandler has inked to play for Olympia Milano in Italy, but has struck one of the more unique deals. His contract is for the first few months of the season only (with an opt-out clause) then the two sides will re-evaluate. The Knicks forward will be with Milano through the bulk of the EuroLeague, which is what matters most to the team. This is Danilo Gallinari’s old team and he could rejoin the squad next season as well.
• Dwyane Wade reiterated on ESPN’s Mike & Mike show Thursday that he will go overseas if the opportunity presents itself and the lockout drags on. He’s said that consistently.
• Stephon Marbury has signed with the Beijing Ducks, a team he has played for before in the Chinese Basketball Association.
• Warriors first-round draft pick Klay Thompson’s agent is looking at Spain, France and Italy as options if the lockout drags out. His father and advisor is former NBA player Mychal Thompson, who played in Greece for years and calls that some of the best times of his life. That said, he has guaranteed NBA money waiting once the lockout ends, an injury is a big risk for him.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14