Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Rick Adelman had his interview this week with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the situation was a little bit upside down — rather than the coach having to sell the team on him, it was the team that needed to sell Adelman on the job. They wanted him, but did he want them.
Rick Adelman is definitely interested in #Wolves job, from great source, he has made calls to line up potential assistants. #NBA
Interesting. I have no doubt that is what Schmit was told, and it may well be true. But also remember that you can bet Schmit’s sources are with the organization he works in the same town as, not the Adelman camp. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, just means take some salt with it.
If the Wolves can land Adelman it will be the best of situations for them. He will bring the offensive mindset that GM David Kahn wants and he is a perfect coach to mold a young, talented team into winners. And get them to play defense.
The questions were never about fit, they were if Adelman wanted to take a year off or not, and if the Timberwolves would match his salary demands. It may be a yes on both counts, and if so there should be a deal announced soon.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)