Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
Rick Adelman had his interview this week with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the situation was a little bit upside down — rather than the coach having to sell the team on him, it was the team that needed to sell Adelman on the job. They wanted him, but did he want them.
Rick Adelman is definitely interested in #Wolves job, from great source, he has made calls to line up potential assistants. #NBA
Interesting. I have no doubt that is what Schmit was told, and it may well be true. But also remember that you can bet Schmit’s sources are with the organization he works in the same town as, not the Adelman camp. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, just means take some salt with it.
If the Wolves can land Adelman it will be the best of situations for them. He will bring the offensive mindset that GM David Kahn wants and he is a perfect coach to mold a young, talented team into winners. And get them to play defense.
The questions were never about fit, they were if Adelman wanted to take a year off or not, and if the Timberwolves would match his salary demands. It may be a yes on both counts, and if so there should be a deal announced soon.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14