Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Rick Adelman had his interview this week with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the situation was a little bit upside down — rather than the coach having to sell the team on him, it was the team that needed to sell Adelman on the job. They wanted him, but did he want them.
Rick Adelman is definitely interested in #Wolves job, from great source, he has made calls to line up potential assistants. #NBA
Interesting. I have no doubt that is what Schmit was told, and it may well be true. But also remember that you can bet Schmit’s sources are with the organization he works in the same town as, not the Adelman camp. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, just means take some salt with it.
If the Wolves can land Adelman it will be the best of situations for them. He will bring the offensive mindset that GM David Kahn wants and he is a perfect coach to mold a young, talented team into winners. And get them to play defense.
The questions were never about fit, they were if Adelman wanted to take a year off or not, and if the Timberwolves would match his salary demands. It may be a yes on both counts, and if so there should be a deal announced soon.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6