Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
Rick Adelman had his interview this week with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the situation was a little bit upside down — rather than the coach having to sell the team on him, it was the team that needed to sell Adelman on the job. They wanted him, but did he want them.
Rick Adelman is definitely interested in #Wolves job, from great source, he has made calls to line up potential assistants. #NBA
Interesting. I have no doubt that is what Schmit was told, and it may well be true. But also remember that you can bet Schmit’s sources are with the organization he works in the same town as, not the Adelman camp. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, just means take some salt with it.
If the Wolves can land Adelman it will be the best of situations for them. He will bring the offensive mindset that GM David Kahn wants and he is a perfect coach to mold a young, talented team into winners. And get them to play defense.
The questions were never about fit, they were if Adelman wanted to take a year off or not, and if the Timberwolves would match his salary demands. It may be a yes on both counts, and if so there should be a deal announced soon.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42