Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
Rick Adelman had his interview this week with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the situation was a little bit upside down — rather than the coach having to sell the team on him, it was the team that needed to sell Adelman on the job. They wanted him, but did he want them.
Rick Adelman is definitely interested in #Wolves job, from great source, he has made calls to line up potential assistants. #NBA
Interesting. I have no doubt that is what Schmit was told, and it may well be true. But also remember that you can bet Schmit’s sources are with the organization he works in the same town as, not the Adelman camp. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, just means take some salt with it.
If the Wolves can land Adelman it will be the best of situations for them. He will bring the offensive mindset that GM David Kahn wants and he is a perfect coach to mold a young, talented team into winners. And get them to play defense.
The questions were never about fit, they were if Adelman wanted to take a year off or not, and if the Timberwolves would match his salary demands. It may be a yes on both counts, and if so there should be a deal announced soon.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20