Aug 25, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ twitter account got him in some trouble again.
Arenas had sued trying to stop a former fiancé Laura Govan from going on VH1’s new series “Basketball Wives L.A.” which debuts next week. Maybe the most amazing thing to me is that show did well enough to get a spin-off. Who is watching that crap?
But we digress. A judge shot down Arenas’ attempt to keep Govan from appearing on the show and mentioning his name, and did so in a way that essentially called Arenas’ complaint frivolous, reports the Hollywood Reporter, quoting the judge’s ruling.
“On the record currently before the Court, it appears that any references in BWLA to Arenas will be incidental to the show’s plot as a whole. At its core, the show is about the women who have or have had relationships with basketball players rather than the players themselves. Thus, the show appears to be transformative….
“Arenas suggests that any discussion of his family life is not sufficiently related to his celebrity to render BWLA’s use of his identity a matter of public concern. This contention is belied by the tens of thousands of Twitter users who follow Arenas as he tweets about a variety of mundane occurrences.”
I don’t find Arenas’ twitter account mundane. In bad taste, at times you bet. But not mundane.
Govan has a flair for the dramatic — she had Arenas served with papers at halftime of a game — so she seems a fit for the show.
So if you want to watch Govan talk Arenas, tune into VH1 next week. Why you would do that, I have no idea, but this is a free country. Do what you will.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 4
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 18
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 26
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy