Aug 25, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ twitter account got him in some trouble again.
Arenas had sued trying to stop a former fiancé Laura Govan from going on VH1’s new series “Basketball Wives L.A.” which debuts next week. Maybe the most amazing thing to me is that show did well enough to get a spin-off. Who is watching that crap?
But we digress. A judge shot down Arenas’ attempt to keep Govan from appearing on the show and mentioning his name, and did so in a way that essentially called Arenas’ complaint frivolous, reports the Hollywood Reporter, quoting the judge’s ruling.
“On the record currently before the Court, it appears that any references in BWLA to Arenas will be incidental to the show’s plot as a whole. At its core, the show is about the women who have or have had relationships with basketball players rather than the players themselves. Thus, the show appears to be transformative….
“Arenas suggests that any discussion of his family life is not sufficiently related to his celebrity to render BWLA’s use of his identity a matter of public concern. This contention is belied by the tens of thousands of Twitter users who follow Arenas as he tweets about a variety of mundane occurrences.”
I don’t find Arenas’ twitter account mundane. In bad taste, at times you bet. But not mundane.
Govan has a flair for the dramatic — she had Arenas served with papers at halftime of a game — so she seems a fit for the show.
So if you want to watch Govan talk Arenas, tune into VH1 next week. Why you would do that, I have no idea, but this is a free country. Do what you will.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32