Aug 25, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ twitter account got him in some trouble again.
Arenas had sued trying to stop a former fiancé Laura Govan from going on VH1’s new series “Basketball Wives L.A.” which debuts next week. Maybe the most amazing thing to me is that show did well enough to get a spin-off. Who is watching that crap?
But we digress. A judge shot down Arenas’ attempt to keep Govan from appearing on the show and mentioning his name, and did so in a way that essentially called Arenas’ complaint frivolous, reports the Hollywood Reporter, quoting the judge’s ruling.
“On the record currently before the Court, it appears that any references in BWLA to Arenas will be incidental to the show’s plot as a whole. At its core, the show is about the women who have or have had relationships with basketball players rather than the players themselves. Thus, the show appears to be transformative….
“Arenas suggests that any discussion of his family life is not sufficiently related to his celebrity to render BWLA’s use of his identity a matter of public concern. This contention is belied by the tens of thousands of Twitter users who follow Arenas as he tweets about a variety of mundane occurrences.”
I don’t find Arenas’ twitter account mundane. In bad taste, at times you bet. But not mundane.
Govan has a flair for the dramatic — she had Arenas served with papers at halftime of a game — so she seems a fit for the show.
So if you want to watch Govan talk Arenas, tune into VH1 next week. Why you would do that, I have no idea, but this is a free country. Do what you will.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 0
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 1
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17