Aug 25, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
Wade can also relate to Rose, not just as a Chicago native but also on the court. For years in Miami (after the 2006 title year) it was the Dwyane Wade show and nothing else — he had to create almost all the offense. Teams loaded up on him. It took a toll on him and put a ceiling on how high the Heat could rise until they got him help.
After seeing the Bulls in the playoffs, Wade told ESPNChicago.com they are very close.
“They met us in the Eastern Conference finals, and they were one player away from making it a very, very, very tough series,” Wade told ESPNChicago.com during an event for his “Wade’s World” charities. “Derrick Rose is evolving into a phenomenal player. You could look and see they’re one player away from being there every year….
“It would have to be a player that can take the pressure off him from making every play,” Wade said. “As a point guard, when you have to score so much, and have to make every big shot, and have to make all the passes, eventually it takes a toll on you throughout the season, no matter how phenomenal you are.
“So just someone who can come in and take some of that pressure away. That’s why I was excited not only to play with my friend but excited to play with a guy like LeBron, because it takes some of that pressure away from having to do it year after year after year. It saves you, your body.”
Does anybody really disagree with that?
Chicago needs another guy that can create offense, preferably at the two-guard spot. What the Bulls got last year out of Carlos Boozer is what they will basically get every year. Luol Deng, Kyle Korver and Joakim Noah are good role players on a contending team.
But a second guy to create, something like what Lou Williams did for the 76ers last season off the bench. Put that on the Bulls next season and that rematch with the Heat we all expect would be appointment television. Well, providing we have a playoffs next season.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7