Aug 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
All the talk around Dennis Rodman and his induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame caused Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald of the Express-News to send out this classic Rodman video.
We take you back to 1998, when Rodman was in his last season with the Bulls, when he was still a prolific rebounder and still gave you something on the court, but was becoming an increasing distraction off it (something the Lakers and Mavericks could not contain). Also, 1998 is when Pearl Jam were kings. Eddie Vedder and Rodman are friends to this day (although Vedder could not make the Hall of Fame ceremony).
Early in the video you see Rodman — clad only in basketball shorts — on the stage just kind of jamming along. You need to get to the 3:30 point for the good stuff. Although, really, it’s all good stuff. (hat tip to The Basketball Jones)
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)