Aug 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
All the talk around Dennis Rodman and his induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame caused Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald of the Express-News to send out this classic Rodman video.
We take you back to 1998, when Rodman was in his last season with the Bulls, when he was still a prolific rebounder and still gave you something on the court, but was becoming an increasing distraction off it (something the Lakers and Mavericks could not contain). Also, 1998 is when Pearl Jam were kings. Eddie Vedder and Rodman are friends to this day (although Vedder could not make the Hall of Fame ceremony).
Early in the video you see Rodman — clad only in basketball shorts — on the stage just kind of jamming along. You need to get to the 3:30 point for the good stuff. Although, really, it’s all good stuff. (hat tip to The Basketball Jones)
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3