Aug 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
All the talk around Dennis Rodman and his induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame caused Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald of the Express-News to send out this classic Rodman video.
We take you back to 1998, when Rodman was in his last season with the Bulls, when he was still a prolific rebounder and still gave you something on the court, but was becoming an increasing distraction off it (something the Lakers and Mavericks could not contain). Also, 1998 is when Pearl Jam were kings. Eddie Vedder and Rodman are friends to this day (although Vedder could not make the Hall of Fame ceremony).
Early in the video you see Rodman — clad only in basketball shorts — on the stage just kind of jamming along. You need to get to the 3:30 point for the good stuff. Although, really, it’s all good stuff. (hat tip to The Basketball Jones)
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20