Aug 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
All the talk around Dennis Rodman and his induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame caused Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald of the Express-News to send out this classic Rodman video.
We take you back to 1998, when Rodman was in his last season with the Bulls, when he was still a prolific rebounder and still gave you something on the court, but was becoming an increasing distraction off it (something the Lakers and Mavericks could not contain). Also, 1998 is when Pearl Jam were kings. Eddie Vedder and Rodman are friends to this day (although Vedder could not make the Hall of Fame ceremony).
Early in the video you see Rodman — clad only in basketball shorts — on the stage just kind of jamming along. You need to get to the 3:30 point for the good stuff. Although, really, it’s all good stuff. (hat tip to The Basketball Jones)
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13