Aug 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
All the talk around Dennis Rodman and his induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame caused Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald of the Express-News to send out this classic Rodman video.
We take you back to 1998, when Rodman was in his last season with the Bulls, when he was still a prolific rebounder and still gave you something on the court, but was becoming an increasing distraction off it (something the Lakers and Mavericks could not contain). Also, 1998 is when Pearl Jam were kings. Eddie Vedder and Rodman are friends to this day (although Vedder could not make the Hall of Fame ceremony).
Early in the video you see Rodman — clad only in basketball shorts — on the stage just kind of jamming along. You need to get to the 3:30 point for the good stuff. Although, really, it’s all good stuff. (hat tip to The Basketball Jones)
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18