Aug 24, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Here is our almost daily round-up of which NBA players have signed overseas, which have not, and which could not find Europe on a map.
• Brian Scalabrine is about to make Italy more fun. He is getting a tryout the next couple weeks with the Italian club Treviso (a EuroLeague club that has E’Twaun Moore and Jeff Adrien on the roster). He still has to earn a deal with the team. Scalabrine is a free agent so the club does not have to give him an opt-out clause to return to the NBA when the lockout ends.
• The Nuggets Danilo Gallinari is denying reports in Italy that he signed to play for Olimpia Milano during the lockout. It could still happen — this is the team he played for before coming to the NBA — but he denies a deal is in place now.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 34
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4