Aug 24, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Here is our almost daily round-up of which NBA players have signed overseas, which have not, and which could not find Europe on a map.
• Brian Scalabrine is about to make Italy more fun. He is getting a tryout the next couple weeks with the Italian club Treviso (a EuroLeague club that has E’Twaun Moore and Jeff Adrien on the roster). He still has to earn a deal with the team. Scalabrine is a free agent so the club does not have to give him an opt-out clause to return to the NBA when the lockout ends.
• The Nuggets Danilo Gallinari is denying reports in Italy that he signed to play for Olimpia Milano during the lockout. It could still happen — this is the team he played for before coming to the NBA — but he denies a deal is in place now.
- Report: Los Angeles Dodgers’ owners in talks to buy part of Brooklyn Nets as part of “combination of assets” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 4
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14