Aug 24, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Here is our almost daily round-up of which NBA players have signed overseas, which have not, and which could not find Europe on a map.
• Brian Scalabrine is about to make Italy more fun. He is getting a tryout the next couple weeks with the Italian club Treviso (a EuroLeague club that has E’Twaun Moore and Jeff Adrien on the roster). He still has to earn a deal with the team. Scalabrine is a free agent so the club does not have to give him an opt-out clause to return to the NBA when the lockout ends.
• The Nuggets Danilo Gallinari is denying reports in Italy that he signed to play for Olimpia Milano during the lockout. It could still happen — this is the team he played for before coming to the NBA — but he denies a deal is in place now.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48