Aug 24, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
We have a piece of the puzzle, but it is without enough other pieces to let us see the entire picture. Yet.
We’ve told you a lot of things leading up to yesterday’s events: That Rick Adelman flew out to Minnesota Tuesday to meet with Timberwolves GM David Kahn and other top brass; that he seems to be the Timberwolves choice, the guy they wanted; and that there were questions if he really wanted the job.
Adelman already apparently has flown out of town after today’s interview with #Timberwolves, without an offer (yet) being made
What does that mean? Impossible to say right now.
It could mean that after meeting Adelman didn’t want the job, although the fact he flew out to Minnesota shows some level of interest. It could mean Minnesota decided it didn’t want him, although he seems the best fit for them on paper. It could mean the Timberwolves didn’t want to match the at least $4 million a year Adelman will require to take a new job (and it may well be closer to $5 million a year).
What it most likely means is that after talking both sides wanted some time to reassess. An offer for the Timberwolves head coaching job very well may be coming soon.
But with the way this whole Timberwolves coaching situation has played out, you didn’t really expect a quick, clean ending, did you?
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43