Aug 24, 2011, 8:14 AM EST
We have a piece of the puzzle, but it is without enough other pieces to let us see the entire picture. Yet.
We’ve told you a lot of things leading up to yesterday’s events: That Rick Adelman flew out to Minnesota Tuesday to meet with Timberwolves GM David Kahn and other top brass; that he seems to be the Timberwolves choice, the guy they wanted; and that there were questions if he really wanted the job.
Adelman already apparently has flown out of town after today’s interview with #Timberwolves, without an offer (yet) being made
What does that mean? Impossible to say right now.
It could mean that after meeting Adelman didn’t want the job, although the fact he flew out to Minnesota shows some level of interest. It could mean Minnesota decided it didn’t want him, although he seems the best fit for them on paper. It could mean the Timberwolves didn’t want to match the at least $4 million a year Adelman will require to take a new job (and it may well be closer to $5 million a year).
What it most likely means is that after talking both sides wanted some time to reassess. An offer for the Timberwolves head coaching job very well may be coming soon.
But with the way this whole Timberwolves coaching situation has played out, you didn’t really expect a quick, clean ending, did you?
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45