Aug 24, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
We have a piece of the puzzle, but it is without enough other pieces to let us see the entire picture. Yet.
We’ve told you a lot of things leading up to yesterday’s events: That Rick Adelman flew out to Minnesota Tuesday to meet with Timberwolves GM David Kahn and other top brass; that he seems to be the Timberwolves choice, the guy they wanted; and that there were questions if he really wanted the job.
Adelman already apparently has flown out of town after today’s interview with #Timberwolves, without an offer (yet) being made
What does that mean? Impossible to say right now.
It could mean that after meeting Adelman didn’t want the job, although the fact he flew out to Minnesota shows some level of interest. It could mean Minnesota decided it didn’t want him, although he seems the best fit for them on paper. It could mean the Timberwolves didn’t want to match the at least $4 million a year Adelman will require to take a new job (and it may well be closer to $5 million a year).
What it most likely means is that after talking both sides wanted some time to reassess. An offer for the Timberwolves head coaching job very well may be coming soon.
But with the way this whole Timberwolves coaching situation has played out, you didn’t really expect a quick, clean ending, did you?
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 37
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20