Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Is last season’s white-hot hate for all things Miami going to cool down to just red-hot?
I see the comments on this site and in my twitter timeline when I dare suggest that he hatred for all things Miami will cool with time, especially if they win a title or two — you don’t believe it. Plenty of you plan on really hating the Heat until Miami sinks back into the Atlantic.
“It’s always going to be criticism. There’s always going to be hatred. … It’s like the first time LeBron went to Cleveland, it was this crazed thing,” Wade says. “Then we went back again, and it wasn’t the same.
“No matter what people say about the Miami Heat, it will not be the same as it was last year. There’s still going to be stuff out there, but not like the first time.”
Okay haters, have at it. The fine folks of Cleveland will never forgive, I get that. But for the nation as a whole, the Heat hate will cool down, and if they win some rings the pendulum of public opinion will start to swing the other way some. Just watch.
The bigger concern for the league — that hatred for the Heat will cool into apathy after an extended lockout. For many fans, that will be the reality.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 10
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 29
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games