Aug 23, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
Just insert your own “LeBron James freezes up in a big moment” joke right here. I’ve run out of them.
Here is the video of LeBron walking out to a high dive in Barcelona — one built for the 1992 Olympics — and freezing up, hesitating to jump (via The Basketball Jones). He eventually makes the leap, but not until the DJ spins Jay Z and Kanye West dropping his name, then someone shows him up.
By the way, if LeBron walked up to the edge of that platform and looked down, saw how far it was and realized he has $85 million left on his contract that could be voided if he got injured, and then took a step back, I’m good with that. That is the voice of sanity and maturity. We all just have to power through that.
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 0
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 15
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10