Aug 23, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
Just insert your own “LeBron James freezes up in a big moment” joke right here. I’ve run out of them.
Here is the video of LeBron walking out to a high dive in Barcelona — one built for the 1992 Olympics — and freezing up, hesitating to jump (via The Basketball Jones). He eventually makes the leap, but not until the DJ spins Jay Z and Kanye West dropping his name, then someone shows him up.
By the way, if LeBron walked up to the edge of that platform and looked down, saw how far it was and realized he has $85 million left on his contract that could be voided if he got injured, and then took a step back, I’m good with that. That is the voice of sanity and maturity. We all just have to power through that.
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 1
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5