Aug 23, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Just insert your own “LeBron James freezes up in a big moment” joke right here. I’ve run out of them.
Here is the video of LeBron walking out to a high dive in Barcelona — one built for the 1992 Olympics — and freezing up, hesitating to jump (via The Basketball Jones). He eventually makes the leap, but not until the DJ spins Jay Z and Kanye West dropping his name, then someone shows him up.
By the way, if LeBron walked up to the edge of that platform and looked down, saw how far it was and realized he has $85 million left on his contract that could be voided if he got injured, and then took a step back, I’m good with that. That is the voice of sanity and maturity. We all just have to power through that.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 30
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14