Aug 23, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Just insert your own “LeBron James freezes up in a big moment” joke right here. I’ve run out of them.
Here is the video of LeBron walking out to a high dive in Barcelona — one built for the 1992 Olympics — and freezing up, hesitating to jump (via The Basketball Jones). He eventually makes the leap, but not until the DJ spins Jay Z and Kanye West dropping his name, then someone shows him up.
By the way, if LeBron walked up to the edge of that platform and looked down, saw how far it was and realized he has $85 million left on his contract that could be voided if he got injured, and then took a step back, I’m good with that. That is the voice of sanity and maturity. We all just have to power through that.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?