Aug 23, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
Omri Casspi is not going to Israel if he plays overseas during he lockout. Which is kind of surprising but talks with Maccabi Tel Aviv (where he would team up with Jordan Farmar) fell through over money and now the Cavalier’s forward looking around at other options.
Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Monday that Casspi is giving strong consideration to signing with ASVEL in France’s top division. That’s the same ASVEL club which claims Parker as a co-owner and as its vice president of basketball operations.
Parker said he may play for the team if the lockout drags on. Casspi has other options, including getting offers from Spain. But this has to be intriguing.
Of course, Casspi will need an opt-out clause to play there. If he can get one from the vice president of basketball operations, who I hear is a hard a–.
Remember that Casspi is coming off a knee injury suffered in training for EuroBasket that likely will keep the Israeli national out of the Olympic qualifying tournament.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record