Aug 23, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
Michael Jordan and a nice rare New York strip with a side of sautéed mushrooms? I’m in.
Michael Jordan is getting back into the restaurant business in the Windy City, reports NBCChicago.com.
The most famous basketball player in the world is putting another stamp on Chicago in the form of a new Michael Jordan’s Steak House, scheduled to open Tuesday in the InterContinental Chicago (505 N. Michigan)….
The Chicago restaurant is the third outpost, and executive chef James O’Donnel oversees the “hand-selected USDA Prime, dry-aged steaks, upscale comfort food, fresh seafood, and a wide variety of artisanal wines, local craft brews and specialty cocktails.”
Jordan was in the restaurant biz in Chicago before — Michael Jordan’s Restaurant was a tourist-filled sports bar that shut down not long after Jordan shut his game down.
This is very different — higher end, sprawling (6,300 square feet) and featuring food that is not all deep-fried.
Having Jordan’s name on it may get people in the door at first, but there are a lot of places to get a really good steak in Chicago. If they don’t deliver on the food, this place may remind us more of Jordan’s Wizards years.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25