Aug 23, 2011, 11:06 AM EST
Michael Jordan and a nice rare New York strip with a side of sautéed mushrooms? I’m in.
Michael Jordan is getting back into the restaurant business in the Windy City, reports NBCChicago.com.
The most famous basketball player in the world is putting another stamp on Chicago in the form of a new Michael Jordan’s Steak House, scheduled to open Tuesday in the InterContinental Chicago (505 N. Michigan)….
The Chicago restaurant is the third outpost, and executive chef James O’Donnel oversees the “hand-selected USDA Prime, dry-aged steaks, upscale comfort food, fresh seafood, and a wide variety of artisanal wines, local craft brews and specialty cocktails.”
Jordan was in the restaurant biz in Chicago before — Michael Jordan’s Restaurant was a tourist-filled sports bar that shut down not long after Jordan shut his game down.
This is very different — higher end, sprawling (6,300 square feet) and featuring food that is not all deep-fried.
Having Jordan’s name on it may get people in the door at first, but there are a lot of places to get a really good steak in Chicago. If they don’t deliver on the food, this place may remind us more of Jordan’s Wizards years.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7