Aug 23, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
Michael Jordan and a nice rare New York strip with a side of sautéed mushrooms? I’m in.
Michael Jordan is getting back into the restaurant business in the Windy City, reports NBCChicago.com.
The most famous basketball player in the world is putting another stamp on Chicago in the form of a new Michael Jordan’s Steak House, scheduled to open Tuesday in the InterContinental Chicago (505 N. Michigan)….
The Chicago restaurant is the third outpost, and executive chef James O’Donnel oversees the “hand-selected USDA Prime, dry-aged steaks, upscale comfort food, fresh seafood, and a wide variety of artisanal wines, local craft brews and specialty cocktails.”
Jordan was in the restaurant biz in Chicago before — Michael Jordan’s Restaurant was a tourist-filled sports bar that shut down not long after Jordan shut his game down.
This is very different — higher end, sprawling (6,300 square feet) and featuring food that is not all deep-fried.
Having Jordan’s name on it may get people in the door at first, but there are a lot of places to get a really good steak in Chicago. If they don’t deliver on the food, this place may remind us more of Jordan’s Wizards years.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34