Aug 23, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
Michael Jordan and a nice rare New York strip with a side of sautéed mushrooms? I’m in.
Michael Jordan is getting back into the restaurant business in the Windy City, reports NBCChicago.com.
The most famous basketball player in the world is putting another stamp on Chicago in the form of a new Michael Jordan’s Steak House, scheduled to open Tuesday in the InterContinental Chicago (505 N. Michigan)….
The Chicago restaurant is the third outpost, and executive chef James O’Donnel oversees the “hand-selected USDA Prime, dry-aged steaks, upscale comfort food, fresh seafood, and a wide variety of artisanal wines, local craft brews and specialty cocktails.”
Jordan was in the restaurant biz in Chicago before — Michael Jordan’s Restaurant was a tourist-filled sports bar that shut down not long after Jordan shut his game down.
This is very different — higher end, sprawling (6,300 square feet) and featuring food that is not all deep-fried.
Having Jordan’s name on it may get people in the door at first, but there are a lot of places to get a really good steak in Chicago. If they don’t deliver on the food, this place may remind us more of Jordan’s Wizards years.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants