Aug 23, 2011, 11:06 AM EST
Michael Jordan and a nice rare New York strip with a side of sautéed mushrooms? I’m in.
Michael Jordan is getting back into the restaurant business in the Windy City, reports NBCChicago.com.
The most famous basketball player in the world is putting another stamp on Chicago in the form of a new Michael Jordan’s Steak House, scheduled to open Tuesday in the InterContinental Chicago (505 N. Michigan)….
The Chicago restaurant is the third outpost, and executive chef James O’Donnel oversees the “hand-selected USDA Prime, dry-aged steaks, upscale comfort food, fresh seafood, and a wide variety of artisanal wines, local craft brews and specialty cocktails.”
Jordan was in the restaurant biz in Chicago before — Michael Jordan’s Restaurant was a tourist-filled sports bar that shut down not long after Jordan shut his game down.
This is very different — higher end, sprawling (6,300 square feet) and featuring food that is not all deep-fried.
Having Jordan’s name on it may get people in the door at first, but there are a lot of places to get a really good steak in Chicago. If they don’t deliver on the food, this place may remind us more of Jordan’s Wizards years.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 7
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)