Aug 22, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The Heat have become black and white — there are no shades of gray with this team. People do not really tolerate the “I don’t like how they handed last summer but that was still a good basketball team” position. Love or hate. Black and white. Evil and good.
How you react to what you read next fully depends on where you stand on the Heat.
Obviously we went through a lot last year. It was unfair some of the stuff that we had to endure but we grew from it. That’s over with. We move on to whenever we play basketball again and we will be a different team….
“It was tough. I’ve went through tougher things because at the end of the day it’s the game of basketball. You find the joy in it and at the end of the day we had a good team.”
Wade was also asked to provide some insights on LeBron, and he said what people don’t realize is they are similar.
LeBron is one of my best friends. A lot of the things in life we have similar from an upbringing and some of our beliefs. He’s human. He makes mistakes like all of us, like every other human being, and he’s going to do a lot of great things as well. I don’t know anything that no one doesn’t know. He’s a big kid man. He’s giddy, he’s goofy, but at the end of the day he’s a great teammate. He’s one of those guys that will bring everybody on the bus coffee in the morning, he’s one of those teammates.”
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49