Aug 22, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we give it to you in roundup, bullet-point form. We’re bloggers, we can no more resist using bullet points than John Stewart can resist mocking Fox News.
• The first Chicago Bull is down, Rasual Butler has signed with Gran Canaria in Spain, according to our man Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com. Butler does have an opt-out clause to return to the NBA. Every Bulls fan that just read that shrugged with indifference. Still, for Butler, beautiful part of Spain, great people.
• Kings big man DeMarcus Cousins is in negotiations with multiple European teams. If he signs, I can guarantee you that Kings fans will do more than shrug with indifference. More like scream as if someone drove an SUV over their foot.
• Golden State’s enigmatic big man Andris Biedrins is apparently close to signing in Europe. Where depends on who you ask. As reported at CSNBayArea.com, teams in both Latvia and Turkey say he is coming. My best guess: Biedrins has figured out the secrets to human cloning.
• A personal favorite of mine to watch (especially at Summer League), Golden State’s Reggie Williams, has signed to play with Caja Laboral of Spain, Yahoo reports. He can return to the NBA with a $1 million buyout, which really means he is not coming back next season.
• One time No. 8 overall pick Joe Alexander’s has signed a one-year contract with Krasyne Kaylya Samara of the Russian League. He does not have an opt out clause.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 26
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 15
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record