Aug 22, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we give it to you in roundup, bullet-point form. We’re bloggers, we can no more resist using bullet points than John Stewart can resist mocking Fox News.
• The first Chicago Bull is down, Rasual Butler has signed with Gran Canaria in Spain, according to our man Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com. Butler does have an opt-out clause to return to the NBA. Every Bulls fan that just read that shrugged with indifference. Still, for Butler, beautiful part of Spain, great people.
• Kings big man DeMarcus Cousins is in negotiations with multiple European teams. If he signs, I can guarantee you that Kings fans will do more than shrug with indifference. More like scream as if someone drove an SUV over their foot.
• Golden State’s enigmatic big man Andris Biedrins is apparently close to signing in Europe. Where depends on who you ask. As reported at CSNBayArea.com, teams in both Latvia and Turkey say he is coming. My best guess: Biedrins has figured out the secrets to human cloning.
• A personal favorite of mine to watch (especially at Summer League), Golden State’s Reggie Williams, has signed to play with Caja Laboral of Spain, Yahoo reports. He can return to the NBA with a $1 million buyout, which really means he is not coming back next season.
• One time No. 8 overall pick Joe Alexander’s has signed a one-year contract with Krasyne Kaylya Samara of the Russian League. He does not have an opt out clause.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 7
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6