Aug 22, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we give it to you in roundup, bullet-point form. We’re bloggers, we can no more resist using bullet points than John Stewart can resist mocking Fox News.
• The first Chicago Bull is down, Rasual Butler has signed with Gran Canaria in Spain, according to our man Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com. Butler does have an opt-out clause to return to the NBA. Every Bulls fan that just read that shrugged with indifference. Still, for Butler, beautiful part of Spain, great people.
• Kings big man DeMarcus Cousins is in negotiations with multiple European teams. If he signs, I can guarantee you that Kings fans will do more than shrug with indifference. More like scream as if someone drove an SUV over their foot.
• Golden State’s enigmatic big man Andris Biedrins is apparently close to signing in Europe. Where depends on who you ask. As reported at CSNBayArea.com, teams in both Latvia and Turkey say he is coming. My best guess: Biedrins has figured out the secrets to human cloning.
• A personal favorite of mine to watch (especially at Summer League), Golden State’s Reggie Williams, has signed to play with Caja Laboral of Spain, Yahoo reports. He can return to the NBA with a $1 million buyout, which really means he is not coming back next season.
• One time No. 8 overall pick Joe Alexander’s has signed a one-year contract with Krasyne Kaylya Samara of the Russian League. He does not have an opt out clause.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85