Aug 22, 2011, 4:02 PM EST
I don’t know how good No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams is going to be as a pro. Probably pretty good, especially as a scorer, but we don’t know what his ceiling is.
Timberwolves fans, this however is a good sign.
First of many workouts with the Black mamba today.. Learning experiences.
If you’re wondering how that comes together, they share the same agent, Rob Pelinka.
Not to sound like his old Nike ad, but go ahead and hate Kobe. You still have to respect his game. More than that, you have to respect his work ethic on his craft and his desire to be a student of the game.
That is a good mentor for a rookie. If Williams keeps his eyes open, he can learn a lot.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14