Aug 22, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Could Kevin Durant open a movie better than Denzel Washington? Shaq?
We may soon find out.
The man who has grown his fame this summer via a grassroots campaign — dropping 66 at Rucker Park, putting on a show at the Goodman vs. Drew league game and dominating at pro-am games nationwide — may be about to try and take that fame to a new level with a movie deal, reports Darnell Mayberry at the Oklahoman. Nothing is final, but it is close.
The film, which has a basketball subplot, has not yet been named, but it’s scheduled to go into production in mid-September, according to sources. Filming location for the feature-length picture has been narrowed to Oklahoma City and Baton Rouge, La.
It’s got to be better than Kazaam, right?
Warner Brothers tried to select Greg Oden for the role ahead of Durant but he was injured. (I kid, I kid.)
Durant might not have been able to do the movie but for the lockout — shooting starts in September and a couple of weeks into that he would have had to report to Oklahoma City for training camp. Nobody thinks camps will open on time.
So would you pay $10 to see Durant act? Or wait and pay $1 a RedBox.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39