Aug 22, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Could Kevin Durant open a movie better than Denzel Washington? Shaq?
We may soon find out.
The man who has grown his fame this summer via a grassroots campaign — dropping 66 at Rucker Park, putting on a show at the Goodman vs. Drew league game and dominating at pro-am games nationwide — may be about to try and take that fame to a new level with a movie deal, reports Darnell Mayberry at the Oklahoman. Nothing is final, but it is close.
The film, which has a basketball subplot, has not yet been named, but it’s scheduled to go into production in mid-September, according to sources. Filming location for the feature-length picture has been narrowed to Oklahoma City and Baton Rouge, La.
It’s got to be better than Kazaam, right?
Warner Brothers tried to select Greg Oden for the role ahead of Durant but he was injured. (I kid, I kid.)
Durant might not have been able to do the movie but for the lockout — shooting starts in September and a couple of weeks into that he would have had to report to Oklahoma City for training camp. Nobody thinks camps will open on time.
So would you pay $10 to see Durant act? Or wait and pay $1 a RedBox.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8