Aug 22, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Could Kevin Durant open a movie better than Denzel Washington? Shaq?
We may soon find out.
The man who has grown his fame this summer via a grassroots campaign — dropping 66 at Rucker Park, putting on a show at the Goodman vs. Drew league game and dominating at pro-am games nationwide — may be about to try and take that fame to a new level with a movie deal, reports Darnell Mayberry at the Oklahoman. Nothing is final, but it is close.
The film, which has a basketball subplot, has not yet been named, but it’s scheduled to go into production in mid-September, according to sources. Filming location for the feature-length picture has been narrowed to Oklahoma City and Baton Rouge, La.
It’s got to be better than Kazaam, right?
Warner Brothers tried to select Greg Oden for the role ahead of Durant but he was injured. (I kid, I kid.)
Durant might not have been able to do the movie but for the lockout — shooting starts in September and a couple of weeks into that he would have had to report to Oklahoma City for training camp. Nobody thinks camps will open on time.
So would you pay $10 to see Durant act? Or wait and pay $1 a RedBox.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 48
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13