Aug 22, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
In fact, they still want to honor the Lithuanian big man who spent 13 seasons with the Cavaliers by retiring his jersey. That’s the report from lithuaniabasketball.com.
Blame the rookie for not being able to keep his mouth shut about it. According to the report, No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving asked for Ilgauskas’ No. 11 but was told by the team that the number was about to be retired.
It’s a classy move by the Cavaliers. Ilgauskas has meant a lot to that franchise over the years and been deeply involved in the community.
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 8
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 3
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25