Aug 22, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
In fact, they still want to honor the Lithuanian big man who spent 13 seasons with the Cavaliers by retiring his jersey. That’s the report from lithuaniabasketball.com.
Blame the rookie for not being able to keep his mouth shut about it. According to the report, No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving asked for Ilgauskas’ No. 11 but was told by the team that the number was about to be retired.
It’s a classy move by the Cavaliers. Ilgauskas has meant a lot to that franchise over the years and been deeply involved in the community.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82