Aug 22, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
Sorry Memphis fans, we were with you and wanted to believe in the change. A new Zach Randolph. And to be fair we haven’t heard both sides of this story.
But this does not look good.
According to police, the man that suffered a beating at the home of Randolph — which triggered police to come out with a search warrant over the weekend — says he was invited by the current Memphis and former Blazer forward to come over to his home and sell marijuana at a party.
The two men met on a party cruise on Friday night, from there we turn this update over to the Oregonian:
That’s where police say Randolph, a former Trail Blazer now playing for the Memphis Grizzlies, invited a Southeast Portland man he knew to his mansion on Southwest Turner Road, in the Stafford area south of West Linn, for an after-cruise party. The Portland man, James Ruben Beasley, told police he was invited to sell marijuana at the party, which drew about 20 people.
But something went wrong around 4 a.m. Saturday.
“Mr. Beasley said four to seven people jumped him and beat him bloody with pool cues,” said Sgt. James Rhodes, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office spokesman.
Beasley says Randolph was not involved in the beating. Randolph has not been charged with anything yet.
Randolph may not have been involved, but there was another incident a year ago where associates had to deal with a drug-related charge where Randolph was not charged. That’s a lot of coincidences.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 2
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)