Aug 22, 2011, 10:17 AM EDT
A Miami Heat team in it’s first season together went all the way to the NBA finals before losing to a Dallas Mavericks team that found it’s stride after years together. That chemistry was part of the difference in that series.
You should know LeBron James says that loss stung. Badly.
He spoke with Hoopshype and said this about the week after the NBA finals.
LJ: It was the worst week I ever had. I hate losing.
What did you do?
LJ: I did nothing. Nothing at all.
LeBron did say that he thought the Heat making it to the finals in their first year together made it a successful season. He said that living in Miami was an adjustment because he’d never lived outside Ohio before. And he gave props to Clevelanders when asked what comes to his mind about that city.
Passionate. Passionate fans who love their sports. Love the Indians, love the Browns, love the Cavaliers… And I have a lot of respect for them.
Okay commenters, have at him.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6