Aug 22, 2011, 10:17 AM EDT
A Miami Heat team in it’s first season together went all the way to the NBA finals before losing to a Dallas Mavericks team that found it’s stride after years together. That chemistry was part of the difference in that series.
You should know LeBron James says that loss stung. Badly.
He spoke with Hoopshype and said this about the week after the NBA finals.
LJ: It was the worst week I ever had. I hate losing.
What did you do?
LJ: I did nothing. Nothing at all.
LeBron did say that he thought the Heat making it to the finals in their first year together made it a successful season. He said that living in Miami was an adjustment because he’d never lived outside Ohio before. And he gave props to Clevelanders when asked what comes to his mind about that city.
Passionate. Passionate fans who love their sports. Love the Indians, love the Browns, love the Cavaliers… And I have a lot of respect for them.
Okay commenters, have at him.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 6
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 6
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19