Aug 22, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
He wasn’t (and he hasn’t heard back yet). But in comments to ESPN, he actually sounded a little more down to earth than most NBA players about making money during the lockout than most NBA players.
And he seemed to have a good sense of humor about it.
“I actually might have work with Sam’s [Club], BJ’s, selling knives,” West said. “That’s pretty cool too. I get a microphone and everything….
“With the lockout going on, guys could be anywhere in the world vacationing, but they’re right here supporting the people,” he said. “The people are going through a lockout just like we are. They make it a lot about us, but the average American is going through a lockout themselves.”
West will be an unrestricted free agent whenever the lockout ends. Just like a lot of other Americans.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13