Aug 21, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
From the department of “We’re not sure why this is actually news” comes word of Saturday’s big event. The huge showdown. The titanic clash. Of course I’m talking about the Kardashian-Humphries wedding.
From the Toronto Star:
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the price tag for the wedding — with 500-plus invited guests — will be $10 million U.S., but the cost might be covered by a number of side deals, including an exclusive contract with People magazine to publish wedding photos, said to be worth $1.5 million.
Hollywood Reporter also tagged the wedding at only half a million. That’s a pretty huge disparity. Multiple outlets are reporting that they are making a ton of money off an exclusive deal for the photos and multiple endorsements like Vera Wang for the dress. That’s right. The dress maker is paying the bride a ridiculous amount to wear the dress. Husbands everywhere are screaming and throwing things as they read the ridiculousness of this.
But hey, the couple seems happy enough and Humphries is a pretty promising NBA player.
This concludes your ProBasketballTalk coverage of the Humphries-Kardashian wedding. May the Lord have mercy on us all.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5