Aug 21, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
From the department of “We’re not sure why this is actually news” comes word of Saturday’s big event. The huge showdown. The titanic clash. Of course I’m talking about the Kardashian-Humphries wedding.
From the Toronto Star:
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the price tag for the wedding — with 500-plus invited guests — will be $10 million U.S., but the cost might be covered by a number of side deals, including an exclusive contract with People magazine to publish wedding photos, said to be worth $1.5 million.
Hollywood Reporter also tagged the wedding at only half a million. That’s a pretty huge disparity. Multiple outlets are reporting that they are making a ton of money off an exclusive deal for the photos and multiple endorsements like Vera Wang for the dress. That’s right. The dress maker is paying the bride a ridiculous amount to wear the dress. Husbands everywhere are screaming and throwing things as they read the ridiculousness of this.
But hey, the couple seems happy enough and Humphries is a pretty promising NBA player.
This concludes your ProBasketballTalk coverage of the Humphries-Kardashian wedding. May the Lord have mercy on us all.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43