Aug 21, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
From the department of “We’re not sure why this is actually news” comes word of Saturday’s big event. The huge showdown. The titanic clash. Of course I’m talking about the Kardashian-Humphries wedding.
From the Toronto Star:
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the price tag for the wedding — with 500-plus invited guests — will be $10 million U.S., but the cost might be covered by a number of side deals, including an exclusive contract with People magazine to publish wedding photos, said to be worth $1.5 million.
Hollywood Reporter also tagged the wedding at only half a million. That’s a pretty huge disparity. Multiple outlets are reporting that they are making a ton of money off an exclusive deal for the photos and multiple endorsements like Vera Wang for the dress. That’s right. The dress maker is paying the bride a ridiculous amount to wear the dress. Husbands everywhere are screaming and throwing things as they read the ridiculousness of this.
But hey, the couple seems happy enough and Humphries is a pretty promising NBA player.
This concludes your ProBasketballTalk coverage of the Humphries-Kardashian wedding. May the Lord have mercy on us all.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30