Aug 20, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
So the Drew League out of Watts and Goodman League out of Barry Farms had their big event on Saturday. And despite no one at the event working out a major distribution, promotion, or media system, and despite the tickets being drastically oversold stranding tons of people outside the event, a good time was had by all.
Goodman League beat Drew League off a pair of Kevin Durant free throws at the end of the game after Brandon Jennings missed an ill-advised game-winning attempt. The game was streamed live but technical problems caused many to miss it. In case you were one of the many (or you had other things to do on a Saturday night besides watch an exhibition game with only one All-Star), here are the top ten plays courtesy of BallIsLife.com.
An alternate title for this film is “Kevin Durant is Awesome at Basketball.”
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 1
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13