Aug 20, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
So the Drew League out of Watts and Goodman League out of Barry Farms had their big event on Saturday. And despite no one at the event working out a major distribution, promotion, or media system, and despite the tickets being drastically oversold stranding tons of people outside the event, a good time was had by all.
Goodman League beat Drew League off a pair of Kevin Durant free throws at the end of the game after Brandon Jennings missed an ill-advised game-winning attempt. The game was streamed live but technical problems caused many to miss it. In case you were one of the many (or you had other things to do on a Saturday night besides watch an exhibition game with only one All-Star), here are the top ten plays courtesy of BallIsLife.com.
An alternate title for this film is “Kevin Durant is Awesome at Basketball.”
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6