Aug 20, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
So the Drew League out of Watts and Goodman League out of Barry Farms had their big event on Saturday. And despite no one at the event working out a major distribution, promotion, or media system, and despite the tickets being drastically oversold stranding tons of people outside the event, a good time was had by all.
Goodman League beat Drew League off a pair of Kevin Durant free throws at the end of the game after Brandon Jennings missed an ill-advised game-winning attempt. The game was streamed live but technical problems caused many to miss it. In case you were one of the many (or you had other things to do on a Saturday night besides watch an exhibition game with only one All-Star), here are the top ten plays courtesy of BallIsLife.com.
An alternate title for this film is “Kevin Durant is Awesome at Basketball.”
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 1
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)