Aug 19, 2011, 7:55 AM EDT
It’s been clear that Kendrick Perkins plans to fight the charges against him from last weekend — public intoxication and disorderly conduct — so it should be no shock that he pleaded not guilty, as the Associated Press has reported.
Perkins held an event last weekend at a club in his hometown of Beaumont, Texas where he ended up on the edge of a fight with the club manager.
Police say he was intoxicated and trying to start fights, Perkins says he did not drink and it was the club owner who started the problem, plus the police were abusive. The police did not take a Breathalyzer test or blood work, so it’s up to a judge to sort tis all out.
Who do you believe?
“Perkins had bloodshot eyes and was refusing to follow even simple commands, he was uncooperative and belligerent,” Officer Scott Lizenby wrote in the affidavit. “I believe Perkins was intoxicated to the degree that he was a danger to himself or others as he was still trying to fight…
(Perkins publicist Denise) White claims Perkins had arranged for a part of the party’s proceeds to benefit his foundation and the club’s owner became “combative” when Perkins approached to ask for the money. She claims Perkins “posed no physical harm to anyone” and was never given a Breathalyzer test to see if he had been drinking.
“Kendrick was ordered to keep hydrated and take it easy,” White said in her statement. “He was NOT drinking alcohol nor was he intoxicated.”
The first court date on this will be next month. That will not interfere with training camp because the lockout will keep training camps from starting on time.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay