Aug 19, 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
As a guy who grew up a Lakers fan, it pains me to write this next sentence:
I love watching Bob Cousy highlights.
The Celtics point guard when Bill Russell owned the paint and the Celtics owned the league is one of the most special players ever to set foot on the floor. He was showtime long before Magic. His story is one of helping grow a young league that needed flair. Read up on him.
But first, watch him play. That’s how you fall in love with his game. And notice how fast the pace of the game was back then. We could use more of that now, and more players to play with some flair. Even though there will never be another Cousy.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 41
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11