Aug 19, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
As a guy who grew up a Lakers fan, it pains me to write this next sentence:
I love watching Bob Cousy highlights.
The Celtics point guard when Bill Russell owned the paint and the Celtics owned the league is one of the most special players ever to set foot on the floor. He was showtime long before Magic. His story is one of helping grow a young league that needed flair. Read up on him.
But first, watch him play. That’s how you fall in love with his game. And notice how fast the pace of the game was back then. We could use more of that now, and more players to play with some flair. Even though there will never be another Cousy.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5