Aug 19, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
As a guy who grew up a Lakers fan, it pains me to write this next sentence:
I love watching Bob Cousy highlights.
The Celtics point guard when Bill Russell owned the paint and the Celtics owned the league is one of the most special players ever to set foot on the floor. He was showtime long before Magic. His story is one of helping grow a young league that needed flair. Read up on him.
But first, watch him play. That’s how you fall in love with his game. And notice how fast the pace of the game was back then. We could use more of that now, and more players to play with some flair. Even though there will never be another Cousy.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)