Aug 19, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
As a guy who grew up a Lakers fan, it pains me to write this next sentence:
I love watching Bob Cousy highlights.
The Celtics point guard when Bill Russell owned the paint and the Celtics owned the league is one of the most special players ever to set foot on the floor. He was showtime long before Magic. His story is one of helping grow a young league that needed flair. Read up on him.
But first, watch him play. That’s how you fall in love with his game. And notice how fast the pace of the game was back then. We could use more of that now, and more players to play with some flair. Even though there will never be another Cousy.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 13
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31