Aug 19, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
As a guy who grew up a Lakers fan, it pains me to write this next sentence:
I love watching Bob Cousy highlights.
The Celtics point guard when Bill Russell owned the paint and the Celtics owned the league is one of the most special players ever to set foot on the floor. He was showtime long before Magic. His story is one of helping grow a young league that needed flair. Read up on him.
But first, watch him play. That’s how you fall in love with his game. And notice how fast the pace of the game was back then. We could use more of that now, and more players to play with some flair. Even though there will never be another Cousy.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10