Aug 19, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
“I was wondering if you have three-quarter inch… hey, aren’t you Delonte West?”
That very conversation could be happening at a Home Depot if the lockout drags on. That’s because on twitter, West tweeted this:
It’s official.. Pride 2 the side.. just filled out a application at Home Depot.. Lockout aint a game..
West can’t go overseas to play due to his legal issues, so he has to make some money here in the states.
Is he really that broke? Maybe, he has other tweets about money issues, but the guy made $1 million last season and $14 million over the course of his career. My guess is he is kidding, but who knows?
This ties back to the lockout — the owners are counting on players hurting for money and pressuring Billy Hunter and the union brass to compromise. The owners can hold out — guys like Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Mavs owner Mark Cuban may not want to miss many games, but the owners have deeper pockets. Some players may crumble.
But there are always jobs at Home Depot.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20