Aug 19, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
“I was wondering if you have three-quarter inch… hey, aren’t you Delonte West?”
That very conversation could be happening at a Home Depot if the lockout drags on. That’s because on twitter, West tweeted this:
It’s official.. Pride 2 the side.. just filled out a application at Home Depot.. Lockout aint a game..
West can’t go overseas to play due to his legal issues, so he has to make some money here in the states.
Is he really that broke? Maybe, he has other tweets about money issues, but the guy made $1 million last season and $14 million over the course of his career. My guess is he is kidding, but who knows?
This ties back to the lockout — the owners are counting on players hurting for money and pressuring Billy Hunter and the union brass to compromise. The owners can hold out — guys like Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Mavs owner Mark Cuban may not want to miss many games, but the owners have deeper pockets. Some players may crumble.
But there are always jobs at Home Depot.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30