Aug 19, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
“I was wondering if you have three-quarter inch… hey, aren’t you Delonte West?”
That very conversation could be happening at a Home Depot if the lockout drags on. That’s because on twitter, West tweeted this:
It’s official.. Pride 2 the side.. just filled out a application at Home Depot.. Lockout aint a game..
West can’t go overseas to play due to his legal issues, so he has to make some money here in the states.
Is he really that broke? Maybe, he has other tweets about money issues, but the guy made $1 million last season and $14 million over the course of his career. My guess is he is kidding, but who knows?
This ties back to the lockout — the owners are counting on players hurting for money and pressuring Billy Hunter and the union brass to compromise. The owners can hold out — guys like Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Mavs owner Mark Cuban may not want to miss many games, but the owners have deeper pockets. Some players may crumble.
But there are always jobs at Home Depot.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 7
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7