Aug 19, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
“I was wondering if you have three-quarter inch… hey, aren’t you Delonte West?”
That very conversation could be happening at a Home Depot if the lockout drags on. That’s because on twitter, West tweeted this:
It’s official.. Pride 2 the side.. just filled out a application at Home Depot.. Lockout aint a game..
West can’t go overseas to play due to his legal issues, so he has to make some money here in the states.
Is he really that broke? Maybe, he has other tweets about money issues, but the guy made $1 million last season and $14 million over the course of his career. My guess is he is kidding, but who knows?
This ties back to the lockout — the owners are counting on players hurting for money and pressuring Billy Hunter and the union brass to compromise. The owners can hold out — guys like Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Mavs owner Mark Cuban may not want to miss many games, but the owners have deeper pockets. Some players may crumble.
But there are always jobs at Home Depot.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 7
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 36
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40