Aug 18, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we’ve created a regular roundup of the transations (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Enjoy this while trying to find online streams of European friendlies.
• Toronto’s backup point guard Leandro Barbosa is headed to his native Brazil to play for Flamengo during the lockout. Barbosa was paid on potential that never materialized and is set to make $7.6 million in the last year of his deal next season. (And you wonder why there is a lockout.)
• Carl Landry says he will make his decision on going overseas by Dec. 1. Which is pretty late as the European leagues will already be in full swing, but as a free agent he could play in China if he wants to commit for a full season.
• Keith Benson, the second round pick of the Hawks who would be fighting Rolle for minutes, has signed to play with Dinamo Sassari of the Italian league. Good move for him, he needs the experience and getting a paycheck doesn’t suck.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43