Aug 18, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we’ve created a regular roundup of the transations (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Enjoy this while trying to find online streams of European friendlies.
• Toronto’s backup point guard Leandro Barbosa is headed to his native Brazil to play for Flamengo during the lockout. Barbosa was paid on potential that never materialized and is set to make $7.6 million in the last year of his deal next season. (And you wonder why there is a lockout.)
• Carl Landry says he will make his decision on going overseas by Dec. 1. Which is pretty late as the European leagues will already be in full swing, but as a free agent he could play in China if he wants to commit for a full season.
• Keith Benson, the second round pick of the Hawks who would be fighting Rolle for minutes, has signed to play with Dinamo Sassari of the Italian league. Good move for him, he needs the experience and getting a paycheck doesn’t suck.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 3
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 9
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16