Aug 18, 2011, 8:01 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we’ve created a regular roundup of the transations (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Enjoy this while trying to find online streams of European friendlies.
• Toronto’s backup point guard Leandro Barbosa is headed to his native Brazil to play for Flamengo during the lockout. Barbosa was paid on potential that never materialized and is set to make $7.6 million in the last year of his deal next season. (And you wonder why there is a lockout.)
• Carl Landry says he will make his decision on going overseas by Dec. 1. Which is pretty late as the European leagues will already be in full swing, but as a free agent he could play in China if he wants to commit for a full season.
• Keith Benson, the second round pick of the Hawks who would be fighting Rolle for minutes, has signed to play with Dinamo Sassari of the Italian league. Good move for him, he needs the experience and getting a paycheck doesn’t suck.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35