Aug 18, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we’ve created a regular roundup of the transations (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Enjoy this while trying to find online streams of European friendlies.
• Toronto’s backup point guard Leandro Barbosa is headed to his native Brazil to play for Flamengo during the lockout. Barbosa was paid on potential that never materialized and is set to make $7.6 million in the last year of his deal next season. (And you wonder why there is a lockout.)
• Carl Landry says he will make his decision on going overseas by Dec. 1. Which is pretty late as the European leagues will already be in full swing, but as a free agent he could play in China if he wants to commit for a full season.
• Keith Benson, the second round pick of the Hawks who would be fighting Rolle for minutes, has signed to play with Dinamo Sassari of the Italian league. Good move for him, he needs the experience and getting a paycheck doesn’t suck.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22