Aug 18, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we’ve created a regular roundup of the transations (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Enjoy this while trying to find online streams of European friendlies.
• Toronto’s backup point guard Leandro Barbosa is headed to his native Brazil to play for Flamengo during the lockout. Barbosa was paid on potential that never materialized and is set to make $7.6 million in the last year of his deal next season. (And you wonder why there is a lockout.)
• Carl Landry says he will make his decision on going overseas by Dec. 1. Which is pretty late as the European leagues will already be in full swing, but as a free agent he could play in China if he wants to commit for a full season.
• Keith Benson, the second round pick of the Hawks who would be fighting Rolle for minutes, has signed to play with Dinamo Sassari of the Italian league. Good move for him, he needs the experience and getting a paycheck doesn’t suck.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32