Aug 18, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
This pretty much sounds like a rejected sitcom setup: Betty White — she of the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” and then “The Golden Girls” and then the late-in-life pop culture resurgence — was hanging out with Shaquille O’Neal, and he proposed marriage to her.
But it kind of happened. It was staged, but it happened. And we have the video. Which you can bet will show up on the TNT postgame show at one point next season.
Thanks to Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie for scouring the internet to find this gem.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31