Aug 18, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
This pretty much sounds like a rejected sitcom setup: Betty White — she of the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” and then “The Golden Girls” and then the late-in-life pop culture resurgence — was hanging out with Shaquille O’Neal, and he proposed marriage to her.
But it kind of happened. It was staged, but it happened. And we have the video. Which you can bet will show up on the TNT postgame show at one point next season.
Thanks to Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie for scouring the internet to find this gem.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 6
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 15
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 23
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 19