Aug 18, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
This pretty much sounds like a rejected sitcom setup: Betty White — she of the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” and then “The Golden Girls” and then the late-in-life pop culture resurgence — was hanging out with Shaquille O’Neal, and he proposed marriage to her.
But it kind of happened. It was staged, but it happened. And we have the video. Which you can bet will show up on the TNT postgame show at one point next season.
Thanks to Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie for scouring the internet to find this gem.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 0
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4