Aug 18, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
This pretty much sounds like a rejected sitcom setup: Betty White — she of the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” and then “The Golden Girls” and then the late-in-life pop culture resurgence — was hanging out with Shaquille O’Neal, and he proposed marriage to her.
But it kind of happened. It was staged, but it happened. And we have the video. Which you can bet will show up on the TNT postgame show at one point next season.
Thanks to Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie for scouring the internet to find this gem.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41