Aug 18, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
When the NBA free agent frenzy hits — and after this lockout ends it will be a frenzy, much like the NFL’s free agency was — Carl Landry is going to have a lot of GMs telling him how great a fit he’s be in “X.”
But Landry wants to go where the dream of the ’90s is still alive — Portland.
At least that’s what he told SLAM Magazine.
“I think I can fit in with Portland, “Landry told SLAMonline. “They’re in need of a big post presence down low. I’m not taking anything away from (Greg) Oden and (Marcus) Camby. I just know what I can provide. The Blazers are a good team and I know I can help.”
The Hornets want to keep Landry around, but he would fit in well in Portland. Of course, LaMarcus Aldridge is the king of the paint there, not Camby and Oden. Landry would be coming off the bench for the Blazers.
Still, he would be a great fit on the court. Off the court, well, how much does he like the ’90s? What do I mean? Watch the video (any excuse I get get to run a favorite clip of mine).
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15