Aug 17, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
But that is going to change as the lockout moves forward. And while most of the big names will likely be thinking China — big money and a league that doesn’t start until December, although there are issues there — Tony Parker is thinking of heading back home.
At least that’s what he told ESPN. He is thinking France (where he already owns a team).
“My agent talked about China a little bit,” Parker said after totaling 23 points, seven rebounds and four assists in France’s 82-60 victory (over Great Britain in an exhibition). “But for me I just want to focus on the national team, that’s most important for me.
“I’m not going to take any decision until the end of September, after the European Championships. I want to see if I’m healthy, if I’m hurt and by then we will also know a lot more what is happening with the situation of the lockout. If I play (abroad), I will definitely play in France, for my fans, for my team, ASVEL.”
Since he owns the team he can probably arrange an opt-out for when the lockout ends.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona