Aug 17, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’ve started putting them in a roundup. Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points Kirstie Alley to a cupcake.
• Nikola Pekovic, the guy who could not steal minutes away from Darko Milicic last season in Minnesota, has signed to play with Partizan in Serbia. That is the team he played with before coming to the NBA.
• Daequan Cook, the backup Thunder guard, has gotten offer from Caja Laboral of the Spanish league, but it does not have an opt-out clause — he’d be there the entire year. He is a restricted free agent, so he could do not have to have an opt-out in his deal. He has not answered them yet.
• Lakers second round pick Andrew Goudelock is looking at offers from Spain and Germany, both with opt-out clauses. As a second-round pick it is not guaranteed he will make the Lakers, so he could end up back in Europe after training camps. Whenever that is.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10