Aug 17, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’ve started putting them in a roundup. Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points Kirstie Alley to a cupcake.
• Nikola Pekovic, the guy who could not steal minutes away from Darko Milicic last season in Minnesota, has signed to play with Partizan in Serbia. That is the team he played with before coming to the NBA.
• Daequan Cook, the backup Thunder guard, has gotten offer from Caja Laboral of the Spanish league, but it does not have an opt-out clause — he’d be there the entire year. He is a restricted free agent, so he could do not have to have an opt-out in his deal. He has not answered them yet.
• Lakers second round pick Andrew Goudelock is looking at offers from Spain and Germany, both with opt-out clauses. As a second-round pick it is not guaranteed he will make the Lakers, so he could end up back in Europe after training camps. Whenever that is.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)