Aug 17, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’ve started putting them in a roundup. Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points Kirstie Alley to a cupcake.
• Nikola Pekovic, the guy who could not steal minutes away from Darko Milicic last season in Minnesota, has signed to play with Partizan in Serbia. That is the team he played with before coming to the NBA.
• Daequan Cook, the backup Thunder guard, has gotten offer from Caja Laboral of the Spanish league, but it does not have an opt-out clause — he’d be there the entire year. He is a restricted free agent, so he could do not have to have an opt-out in his deal. He has not answered them yet.
• Lakers second round pick Andrew Goudelock is looking at offers from Spain and Germany, both with opt-out clauses. As a second-round pick it is not guaranteed he will make the Lakers, so he could end up back in Europe after training camps. Whenever that is.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 8
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2