Aug 17, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’ve started putting them in a roundup. Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points Kirstie Alley to a cupcake.
• Nikola Pekovic, the guy who could not steal minutes away from Darko Milicic last season in Minnesota, has signed to play with Partizan in Serbia. That is the team he played with before coming to the NBA.
• Daequan Cook, the backup Thunder guard, has gotten offer from Caja Laboral of the Spanish league, but it does not have an opt-out clause — he’d be there the entire year. He is a restricted free agent, so he could do not have to have an opt-out in his deal. He has not answered them yet.
• Lakers second round pick Andrew Goudelock is looking at offers from Spain and Germany, both with opt-out clauses. As a second-round pick it is not guaranteed he will make the Lakers, so he could end up back in Europe after training camps. Whenever that is.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16