Aug 17, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’ve started putting them in a roundup. Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points Kirstie Alley to a cupcake.
• Nikola Pekovic, the guy who could not steal minutes away from Darko Milicic last season in Minnesota, has signed to play with Partizan in Serbia. That is the team he played with before coming to the NBA.
• Daequan Cook, the backup Thunder guard, has gotten offer from Caja Laboral of the Spanish league, but it does not have an opt-out clause — he’d be there the entire year. He is a restricted free agent, so he could do not have to have an opt-out in his deal. He has not answered them yet.
• Lakers second round pick Andrew Goudelock is looking at offers from Spain and Germany, both with opt-out clauses. As a second-round pick it is not guaranteed he will make the Lakers, so he could end up back in Europe after training camps. Whenever that is.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 2
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 58
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 67
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31