Aug 17, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
Paul Pierce went to Inglewood High School, a stone’s throw from the Fabulous Forum, where Magic Johnson ran the Showtime Lakers. But the neighborhood around that building has always been one of the poorest, more troubled hoods in all of Los Angeles.
Inglewood High does not have a lot of resources, so Pierce wanted to give the school new locker rooms in the gym where he used to play.
You gotta check out the episode on Saturday on HGTV where they officially reveal it … Bob and Courtney overhauled the whole place. I still can’t believe it. They hooked up Inglewood HS with a spankin’ new locker room complete with an area for kids to study before and after practice. I barely recognized it. Bing donated a bunch of new computers with the study area, which will really help kids with their school work, and of course all new exercise equipment … I gotta say, I was jealous, but these kids really deserve this and it’ll definitely help the whole community.
This all actually took place in February, but the show is just hitting the airwaves now. The show is “Home by Novogratz” and airs at 10 p.m. Saturday (but check your local listings). Because, what else are you going to do on a Saturday night?
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 50
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19