Aug 17, 2011, 3:31 PM EST
Paul Pierce went to Inglewood High School, a stone’s throw from the Fabulous Forum, where Magic Johnson ran the Showtime Lakers. But the neighborhood around that building has always been one of the poorest, more troubled hoods in all of Los Angeles.
Inglewood High does not have a lot of resources, so Pierce wanted to give the school new locker rooms in the gym where he used to play.
You gotta check out the episode on Saturday on HGTV where they officially reveal it … Bob and Courtney overhauled the whole place. I still can’t believe it. They hooked up Inglewood HS with a spankin’ new locker room complete with an area for kids to study before and after practice. I barely recognized it. Bing donated a bunch of new computers with the study area, which will really help kids with their school work, and of course all new exercise equipment … I gotta say, I was jealous, but these kids really deserve this and it’ll definitely help the whole community.
This all actually took place in February, but the show is just hitting the airwaves now. The show is “Home by Novogratz” and airs at 10 p.m. Saturday (but check your local listings). Because, what else are you going to do on a Saturday night?
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5