Aug 17, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
Paul Pierce went to Inglewood High School, a stone’s throw from the Fabulous Forum, where Magic Johnson ran the Showtime Lakers. But the neighborhood around that building has always been one of the poorest, more troubled hoods in all of Los Angeles.
Inglewood High does not have a lot of resources, so Pierce wanted to give the school new locker rooms in the gym where he used to play.
You gotta check out the episode on Saturday on HGTV where they officially reveal it … Bob and Courtney overhauled the whole place. I still can’t believe it. They hooked up Inglewood HS with a spankin’ new locker room complete with an area for kids to study before and after practice. I barely recognized it. Bing donated a bunch of new computers with the study area, which will really help kids with their school work, and of course all new exercise equipment … I gotta say, I was jealous, but these kids really deserve this and it’ll definitely help the whole community.
This all actually took place in February, but the show is just hitting the airwaves now. The show is “Home by Novogratz” and airs at 10 p.m. Saturday (but check your local listings). Because, what else are you going to do on a Saturday night?
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20