Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
The question isn’t if Nets officials should be allowed to attend the wedding of Kris Humphries to Kim Kardashian. Of course they should.
The question is if they really want to.
The league has cleared the path for them to go if they so choose, the Associated Press reports. This is the same thing that was done with Chris Bosh’s wedding and for Mark Cuban at the ESPYs.
Humphries weds the woman famous for… well, being famous (and her reality show) Saturday in California. Nets GM Billy King and other front office people had to get clearance from the league to go due to the “no fraternization during the lockout” rule David Stern put in place. Which would have made for an interesting RSVP response: “Honey, check the box saying I’ll have the salmon if Stern says that is okay.”
Now the Nets brass can go see what promises to be a circus of a wedding. Well, if they can get past the phalanx of paparazzi that will surround the wedding location.
If you’re King, what do you buy Kardashian/Humphries for a wedding gift? I’m guessing a toaster or cooking utensils would go unused in that house.
Humphries is a free agent, by the way. The Nets want to bring him back but there will be other suitors.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22