Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
The question isn’t if Nets officials should be allowed to attend the wedding of Kris Humphries to Kim Kardashian. Of course they should.
The question is if they really want to.
The league has cleared the path for them to go if they so choose, the Associated Press reports. This is the same thing that was done with Chris Bosh’s wedding and for Mark Cuban at the ESPYs.
Humphries weds the woman famous for… well, being famous (and her reality show) Saturday in California. Nets GM Billy King and other front office people had to get clearance from the league to go due to the “no fraternization during the lockout” rule David Stern put in place. Which would have made for an interesting RSVP response: “Honey, check the box saying I’ll have the salmon if Stern says that is okay.”
Now the Nets brass can go see what promises to be a circus of a wedding. Well, if they can get past the phalanx of paparazzi that will surround the wedding location.
If you’re King, what do you buy Kardashian/Humphries for a wedding gift? I’m guessing a toaster or cooking utensils would go unused in that house.
Humphries is a free agent, by the way. The Nets want to bring him back but there will be other suitors.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)