Aug 16, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
The lockout can bring up some ugly feelings and frustrations with basketball, and sometimes we can forget just how much fun basketball can be. How we love the sport.
A good cure for that: classic highlights.
Like “Pistol” Pete Maravich. A man so often imitated (and wait until Ricky Rubio starts playing) but never duplicated. So here are his top 10 plays as determined by the fine folks at NBA TV. Enjoy, and remember how much fun basketball can be.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 1
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 2
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 8
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 8
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)