Aug 16, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The lockout can bring up some ugly feelings and frustrations with basketball, and sometimes we can forget just how much fun basketball can be. How we love the sport.
A good cure for that: classic highlights.
Like “Pistol” Pete Maravich. A man so often imitated (and wait until Ricky Rubio starts playing) but never duplicated. So here are his top 10 plays as determined by the fine folks at NBA TV. Enjoy, and remember how much fun basketball can be.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31