Aug 16, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The lockout can bring up some ugly feelings and frustrations with basketball, and sometimes we can forget just how much fun basketball can be. How we love the sport.
A good cure for that: classic highlights.
Like “Pistol” Pete Maravich. A man so often imitated (and wait until Ricky Rubio starts playing) but never duplicated. So here are his top 10 plays as determined by the fine folks at NBA TV. Enjoy, and remember how much fun basketball can be.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6