Aug 16, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The lockout can bring up some ugly feelings and frustrations with basketball, and sometimes we can forget just how much fun basketball can be. How we love the sport.
A good cure for that: classic highlights.
Like “Pistol” Pete Maravich. A man so often imitated (and wait until Ricky Rubio starts playing) but never duplicated. So here are his top 10 plays as determined by the fine folks at NBA TV. Enjoy, and remember how much fun basketball can be.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4