Aug 16, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
The 2012 Olympic basketball tournament will be played in a temporary but cool looking building in London (pictured to the right). One well-protected building.
Perks of being the host is that the team from Great Britain gets its team in (they never would have qualified out of a brutal European competition) and the get to practice on the home court.
This video, via the London Telegraph (via the Crossover Chronicles), is a bit of a look at the British team (coached by American Chris Finch) but it also lets you get a look inside the venue that one year from now we will all be watching closely. Check it out.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3