Aug 16, 2011, 4:07 PM EST
The 2012 Olympic basketball tournament will be played in a temporary but cool looking building in London (pictured to the right). One well-protected building.
Perks of being the host is that the team from Great Britain gets its team in (they never would have qualified out of a brutal European competition) and the get to practice on the home court.
This video, via the London Telegraph (via the Crossover Chronicles), is a bit of a look at the British team (coached by American Chris Finch) but it also lets you get a look inside the venue that one year from now we will all be watching closely. Check it out.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13