Aug 16, 2011, 4:07 PM EST
The 2012 Olympic basketball tournament will be played in a temporary but cool looking building in London (pictured to the right). One well-protected building.
Perks of being the host is that the team from Great Britain gets its team in (they never would have qualified out of a brutal European competition) and the get to practice on the home court.
This video, via the London Telegraph (via the Crossover Chronicles), is a bit of a look at the British team (coached by American Chris Finch) but it also lets you get a look inside the venue that one year from now we will all be watching closely. Check it out.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 14
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0