Aug 16, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
The 2012 Olympic basketball tournament will be played in a temporary but cool looking building in London (pictured to the right). One well-protected building.
Perks of being the host is that the team from Great Britain gets its team in (they never would have qualified out of a brutal European competition) and the get to practice on the home court.
This video, via the London Telegraph (via the Crossover Chronicles), is a bit of a look at the British team (coached by American Chris Finch) but it also lets you get a look inside the venue that one year from now we will all be watching closely. Check it out.
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 16
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4