Aug 16, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’re going to start putting them in a regular roundup (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points like a moth to a bug zapper.
• Wilson Chandler has some decisions to make — he has a $1.7 million offer for a full season in China and also is listening to an offer from Italy, his agent told Hoopshype. Wilson Chandler (shipped from the Knicks to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal last season) is a restricted free agent in the NBA. Which means he can sign for a full season overseas and not have an opt out clause. But he wants one (and the Chinese Government is going to say deals can’t have then) so it remains a sticking point in the talks.
• Dirk Nowitzki to German site Sport1 (translation via Hoopshype): “Obviously, there are offers. There are concrete offers on the table. I won’t rule out Germany. Everybody is always only talking about Germany. I might also (go) play in China or South America.”
• Look for the Knicks Roger Mason (a free agent) to sign with Hapoel Jerusalem during the lockout. Mason will have an NBA opt out. By the way, he played there six years ago so he knows what to expect in the Israeli league.
• Jan Vesely, the No. 6 overall pick of the Washington Wizards in the last draft, has said he will decide later this month what he will do about this season. He is considering returning to Europe for a year (the Wizards would retain his rights).
• Jerry Stackhouse tried to get a lockout gig with Italian club Virtus Bologna, but they turned him down.
• Patrick O’Bryan, who spent last season in the D-League but has played for the Raptors and had nibbles around the league, is close to a deal with Greek team Kavala.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18