Aug 16, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’re going to start putting them in a regular roundup (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points like a moth to a bug zapper.
• Wilson Chandler has some decisions to make — he has a $1.7 million offer for a full season in China and also is listening to an offer from Italy, his agent told Hoopshype. Wilson Chandler (shipped from the Knicks to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal last season) is a restricted free agent in the NBA. Which means he can sign for a full season overseas and not have an opt out clause. But he wants one (and the Chinese Government is going to say deals can’t have then) so it remains a sticking point in the talks.
• Dirk Nowitzki to German site Sport1 (translation via Hoopshype): “Obviously, there are offers. There are concrete offers on the table. I won’t rule out Germany. Everybody is always only talking about Germany. I might also (go) play in China or South America.”
• Look for the Knicks Roger Mason (a free agent) to sign with Hapoel Jerusalem during the lockout. Mason will have an NBA opt out. By the way, he played there six years ago so he knows what to expect in the Israeli league.
• Jan Vesely, the No. 6 overall pick of the Washington Wizards in the last draft, has said he will decide later this month what he will do about this season. He is considering returning to Europe for a year (the Wizards would retain his rights).
• Jerry Stackhouse tried to get a lockout gig with Italian club Virtus Bologna, but they turned him down.
• Patrick O’Bryan, who spent last season in the D-League but has played for the Raptors and had nibbles around the league, is close to a deal with Greek team Kavala.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona