Aug 16, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking with and signing with overseas teams that we’re going to start putting them in a regular roundup (major stars, like Amar’e Stoudemire, still get their own posts). Why? Because I’m a blogger and therefore am drawn to bullet points like a moth to a bug zapper.
• Wilson Chandler has some decisions to make — he has a $1.7 million offer for a full season in China and also is listening to an offer from Italy, his agent told Hoopshype. Wilson Chandler (shipped from the Knicks to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal last season) is a restricted free agent in the NBA. Which means he can sign for a full season overseas and not have an opt out clause. But he wants one (and the Chinese Government is going to say deals can’t have then) so it remains a sticking point in the talks.
• Dirk Nowitzki to German site Sport1 (translation via Hoopshype): “Obviously, there are offers. There are concrete offers on the table. I won’t rule out Germany. Everybody is always only talking about Germany. I might also (go) play in China or South America.”
• Look for the Knicks Roger Mason (a free agent) to sign with Hapoel Jerusalem during the lockout. Mason will have an NBA opt out. By the way, he played there six years ago so he knows what to expect in the Israeli league.
• Jan Vesely, the No. 6 overall pick of the Washington Wizards in the last draft, has said he will decide later this month what he will do about this season. He is considering returning to Europe for a year (the Wizards would retain his rights).
• Jerry Stackhouse tried to get a lockout gig with Italian club Virtus Bologna, but they turned him down.
• Patrick O’Bryan, who spent last season in the D-League but has played for the Raptors and had nibbles around the league, is close to a deal with Greek team Kavala.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30