Aug 16, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Celtics are done. Washed up. Time as passed them by. Now is the time of the Heat and the Bulls.
You hear that talk. The Celtics hear that talk.
“If you go back to 2008, that was our last year,” he said, mockingly. “2009 was our last year, 2010 was our last year, 2011 was our last year. I think we truly have proven to be very resilient regardless of what has happened. You win a championship or you don’t. We get knocked down we’re ready to get back up again. We’re going to fight, we’re going to fight no matter what.”
Well, there is one thing that would matter — the Celtics can only win if there is a season. That is far from a sure thing right now.
We are 46 days into the NBA lockout and the two sides can’t be bothered to sit down and really negotiate yet (not the main principle’s anyway). There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency. Because there isn’t, Allen said.
“It’s interesting that you counted,” Allen told CSNNE. “You’ve been counting — 46. It’s interesting because at this juncture of the summer it’s pretty much just business as usual. For most of the players when you start to see games missed, that’s when there’s more that comes into play.”
Let’s hope that the approaching NBA season will put some urgency in the talks. Allen may enjoy golfing right now, but come October we want him to get back to his day job.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48