Aug 16, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Celtics are done. Washed up. Time as passed them by. Now is the time of the Heat and the Bulls.
You hear that talk. The Celtics hear that talk.
“If you go back to 2008, that was our last year,” he said, mockingly. “2009 was our last year, 2010 was our last year, 2011 was our last year. I think we truly have proven to be very resilient regardless of what has happened. You win a championship or you don’t. We get knocked down we’re ready to get back up again. We’re going to fight, we’re going to fight no matter what.”
Well, there is one thing that would matter — the Celtics can only win if there is a season. That is far from a sure thing right now.
We are 46 days into the NBA lockout and the two sides can’t be bothered to sit down and really negotiate yet (not the main principle’s anyway). There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency. Because there isn’t, Allen said.
“It’s interesting that you counted,” Allen told CSNNE. “You’ve been counting — 46. It’s interesting because at this juncture of the summer it’s pretty much just business as usual. For most of the players when you start to see games missed, that’s when there’s more that comes into play.”
Let’s hope that the approaching NBA season will put some urgency in the talks. Allen may enjoy golfing right now, but come October we want him to get back to his day job.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4