Aug 16, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Celtics are done. Washed up. Time as passed them by. Now is the time of the Heat and the Bulls.
You hear that talk. The Celtics hear that talk.
“If you go back to 2008, that was our last year,” he said, mockingly. “2009 was our last year, 2010 was our last year, 2011 was our last year. I think we truly have proven to be very resilient regardless of what has happened. You win a championship or you don’t. We get knocked down we’re ready to get back up again. We’re going to fight, we’re going to fight no matter what.”
Well, there is one thing that would matter — the Celtics can only win if there is a season. That is far from a sure thing right now.
We are 46 days into the NBA lockout and the two sides can’t be bothered to sit down and really negotiate yet (not the main principle’s anyway). There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency. Because there isn’t, Allen said.
“It’s interesting that you counted,” Allen told CSNNE. “You’ve been counting — 46. It’s interesting because at this juncture of the summer it’s pretty much just business as usual. For most of the players when you start to see games missed, that’s when there’s more that comes into play.”
Let’s hope that the approaching NBA season will put some urgency in the talks. Allen may enjoy golfing right now, but come October we want him to get back to his day job.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record