Aug 16, 2011, 8:21 AM EDT
I’ll be up front, not sure this passes the smell test for me. But, it’s out there and being reported in multiple places now, people are talking about it, so I will pass it along.
Sources told 10News Bryant was attending a church service at St. Therese of Carmel in Carmel Valley Sunday and thought someone was taking pictures of him with a cellphone. According to police, Bryant took the phone from the man, did not see any pictures and then left the church.
The man claims he injured his wrist in the incident and had to go to the hospital for treatment.
Is it possible Bryant did this? Yes. Kobe took the phone out of the guy’s hands and he had to go to the hospital for treatment? That smells of someone thinking lawsuit. I don’t know, I wasn’t there, but the whole incident just sounds silly and would be forgotten by everyone already if it wasn’t Kobe.
Either way, doesn’t sound like anyone was acting very Christian at church.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15