Aug 16, 2011, 8:21 AM EDT
I’ll be up front, not sure this passes the smell test for me. But, it’s out there and being reported in multiple places now, people are talking about it, so I will pass it along.
Sources told 10News Bryant was attending a church service at St. Therese of Carmel in Carmel Valley Sunday and thought someone was taking pictures of him with a cellphone. According to police, Bryant took the phone from the man, did not see any pictures and then left the church.
The man claims he injured his wrist in the incident and had to go to the hospital for treatment.
Is it possible Bryant did this? Yes. Kobe took the phone out of the guy’s hands and he had to go to the hospital for treatment? That smells of someone thinking lawsuit. I don’t know, I wasn’t there, but the whole incident just sounds silly and would be forgotten by everyone already if it wasn’t Kobe.
Either way, doesn’t sound like anyone was acting very Christian at church.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11