Aug 16, 2011, 8:21 AM EST
I’ll be up front, not sure this passes the smell test for me. But, it’s out there and being reported in multiple places now, people are talking about it, so I will pass it along.
Sources told 10News Bryant was attending a church service at St. Therese of Carmel in Carmel Valley Sunday and thought someone was taking pictures of him with a cellphone. According to police, Bryant took the phone from the man, did not see any pictures and then left the church.
The man claims he injured his wrist in the incident and had to go to the hospital for treatment.
Is it possible Bryant did this? Yes. Kobe took the phone out of the guy’s hands and he had to go to the hospital for treatment? That smells of someone thinking lawsuit. I don’t know, I wasn’t there, but the whole incident just sounds silly and would be forgotten by everyone already if it wasn’t Kobe.
Either way, doesn’t sound like anyone was acting very Christian at church.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)