Aug 16, 2011, 8:21 AM EDT
I’ll be up front, not sure this passes the smell test for me. But, it’s out there and being reported in multiple places now, people are talking about it, so I will pass it along.
Sources told 10News Bryant was attending a church service at St. Therese of Carmel in Carmel Valley Sunday and thought someone was taking pictures of him with a cellphone. According to police, Bryant took the phone from the man, did not see any pictures and then left the church.
The man claims he injured his wrist in the incident and had to go to the hospital for treatment.
Is it possible Bryant did this? Yes. Kobe took the phone out of the guy’s hands and he had to go to the hospital for treatment? That smells of someone thinking lawsuit. I don’t know, I wasn’t there, but the whole incident just sounds silly and would be forgotten by everyone already if it wasn’t Kobe.
Either way, doesn’t sound like anyone was acting very Christian at church.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70