Aug 16, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder center was arrested on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct, which was followed by reports he tried to start fights. Also, the night before had collapsed at a party and had to be taken to the hospital due to dehydration.
In a press released obtained by 12 News HD, Beaumont attorney Langston Scott Adams says, quote “Mr. Perkins has maintained his innocence to the charges and is recovering at home with family suffering from injuries he received during the incident.”
The attorney for Perkins says that witnesses are giving varied reports. Which is pretty much always the case by the way, two people almost never see the same thing the same way.
The arrest is for just a misdemeanor charge, although this is more about image (and the image of the squeaky clean Thunder) than it is about the fine and a little community service. There will be no fines or discipline from the league because there is no Collective Bargaining Agreement governing such things right now.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)