Aug 16, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
The Oklahoma City Thunder center was arrested on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct, which was followed by reports he tried to start fights. Also, the night before had collapsed at a party and had to be taken to the hospital due to dehydration.
In a press released obtained by 12 News HD, Beaumont attorney Langston Scott Adams says, quote “Mr. Perkins has maintained his innocence to the charges and is recovering at home with family suffering from injuries he received during the incident.”
The attorney for Perkins says that witnesses are giving varied reports. Which is pretty much always the case by the way, two people almost never see the same thing the same way.
The arrest is for just a misdemeanor charge, although this is more about image (and the image of the squeaky clean Thunder) than it is about the fine and a little community service. There will be no fines or discipline from the league because there is no Collective Bargaining Agreement governing such things right now.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13