Aug 16, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder center was arrested on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct, which was followed by reports he tried to start fights. Also, the night before had collapsed at a party and had to be taken to the hospital due to dehydration.
In a press released obtained by 12 News HD, Beaumont attorney Langston Scott Adams says, quote “Mr. Perkins has maintained his innocence to the charges and is recovering at home with family suffering from injuries he received during the incident.”
The attorney for Perkins says that witnesses are giving varied reports. Which is pretty much always the case by the way, two people almost never see the same thing the same way.
The arrest is for just a misdemeanor charge, although this is more about image (and the image of the squeaky clean Thunder) than it is about the fine and a little community service. There will be no fines or discipline from the league because there is no Collective Bargaining Agreement governing such things right now.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 0
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 12
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36