Aug 16, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder center was arrested on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct, which was followed by reports he tried to start fights. Also, the night before had collapsed at a party and had to be taken to the hospital due to dehydration.
In a press released obtained by 12 News HD, Beaumont attorney Langston Scott Adams says, quote “Mr. Perkins has maintained his innocence to the charges and is recovering at home with family suffering from injuries he received during the incident.”
The attorney for Perkins says that witnesses are giving varied reports. Which is pretty much always the case by the way, two people almost never see the same thing the same way.
The arrest is for just a misdemeanor charge, although this is more about image (and the image of the squeaky clean Thunder) than it is about the fine and a little community service. There will be no fines or discipline from the league because there is no Collective Bargaining Agreement governing such things right now.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 29
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20