Aug 16, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Misdemeanor cases like this rarely see high priced attorneys and pretrial motions, but this is going to be that and more, including a potential police brutality charge, reports kiiitv.com.
The Oklahoma City Thunder Center was arrested early Saturday morning after police say he showed signs of being drunk while arguing with the owner of The Ticket sports bar.
Perkins held a fundraiser at the nightclub for his charity foundation following his second annual basketball summer camp. Attorney Langston Adams says they are considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
Police say that Perkins threatened physical violence against the club owner and appeared intoxicated. Perkins denies all of that.
I do not envy the judge that gets the joy of handling this case. If it even gets that far.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59