Aug 16, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Misdemeanor cases like this rarely see high priced attorneys and pretrial motions, but this is going to be that and more, including a potential police brutality charge, reports kiiitv.com.
The Oklahoma City Thunder Center was arrested early Saturday morning after police say he showed signs of being drunk while arguing with the owner of The Ticket sports bar.
Perkins held a fundraiser at the nightclub for his charity foundation following his second annual basketball summer camp. Attorney Langston Adams says they are considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
Police say that Perkins threatened physical violence against the club owner and appeared intoxicated. Perkins denies all of that.
I do not envy the judge that gets the joy of handling this case. If it even gets that far.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 0
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 5
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42