Aug 16, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
Misdemeanor cases like this rarely see high priced attorneys and pretrial motions, but this is going to be that and more, including a potential police brutality charge, reports kiiitv.com.
The Oklahoma City Thunder Center was arrested early Saturday morning after police say he showed signs of being drunk while arguing with the owner of The Ticket sports bar.
Perkins held a fundraiser at the nightclub for his charity foundation following his second annual basketball summer camp. Attorney Langston Adams says they are considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
Police say that Perkins threatened physical violence against the club owner and appeared intoxicated. Perkins denies all of that.
I do not envy the judge that gets the joy of handling this case. If it even gets that far.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29