Aug 16, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
Misdemeanor cases like this rarely see high priced attorneys and pretrial motions, but this is going to be that and more, including a potential police brutality charge, reports kiiitv.com.
The Oklahoma City Thunder Center was arrested early Saturday morning after police say he showed signs of being drunk while arguing with the owner of The Ticket sports bar.
Perkins held a fundraiser at the nightclub for his charity foundation following his second annual basketball summer camp. Attorney Langston Adams says they are considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
Police say that Perkins threatened physical violence against the club owner and appeared intoxicated. Perkins denies all of that.
I do not envy the judge that gets the joy of handling this case. If it even gets that far.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)