Aug 16, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
Misdemeanor cases like this rarely see high priced attorneys and pretrial motions, but this is going to be that and more, including a potential police brutality charge, reports kiiitv.com.
The Oklahoma City Thunder Center was arrested early Saturday morning after police say he showed signs of being drunk while arguing with the owner of The Ticket sports bar.
Perkins held a fundraiser at the nightclub for his charity foundation following his second annual basketball summer camp. Attorney Langston Adams says they are considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
Police say that Perkins threatened physical violence against the club owner and appeared intoxicated. Perkins denies all of that.
I do not envy the judge that gets the joy of handling this case. If it even gets that far.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41