Aug 16, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Misdemeanor cases like this rarely see high priced attorneys and pretrial motions, but this is going to be that and more, including a potential police brutality charge, reports kiiitv.com.
The Oklahoma City Thunder Center was arrested early Saturday morning after police say he showed signs of being drunk while arguing with the owner of The Ticket sports bar.
Perkins held a fundraiser at the nightclub for his charity foundation following his second annual basketball summer camp. Attorney Langston Adams says they are considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
Police say that Perkins threatened physical violence against the club owner and appeared intoxicated. Perkins denies all of that.
I do not envy the judge that gets the joy of handling this case. If it even gets that far.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32