Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Once the owners and players get around to having an NBA season, Shaquille O’Neal will have a day job. Well, really a night job, but he’ll be part of the TNT crew on Inside the NBA.
But he’s coming up with a fallback position.
The man who helped bring us “Kazaam” now is studying to direct, according to TMZ.
Shaq is about to complete the Filmmaking Conservatory at the New York Film Academy’s branch at Universal Studios Hollywood. Shaq’s been very hands-on during directing and cinematography classes — walking his crew through stunts … and shooting on the studio’s famous back lot.
In some ways Shaq has the personality to be a director — he can be gregarious, funny and friendly and get people to do his bidding that way. Should he need to intimidate a little, well, he is a rather massive human being.
But after “Steel” do we really trust Shaq’s script choices? He’s worse than Brendan Fraser.
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 42
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20
- Cavaliers trade Keith Bogans and a second round pick to Sixers 8