Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 AM EST
Once the owners and players get around to having an NBA season, Shaquille O’Neal will have a day job. Well, really a night job, but he’ll be part of the TNT crew on Inside the NBA.
But he’s coming up with a fallback position.
The man who helped bring us “Kazaam” now is studying to direct, according to TMZ.
Shaq is about to complete the Filmmaking Conservatory at the New York Film Academy’s branch at Universal Studios Hollywood. Shaq’s been very hands-on during directing and cinematography classes — walking his crew through stunts … and shooting on the studio’s famous back lot.
In some ways Shaq has the personality to be a director — he can be gregarious, funny and friendly and get people to do his bidding that way. Should he need to intimidate a little, well, he is a rather massive human being.
But after “Steel” do we really trust Shaq’s script choices? He’s worse than Brendan Fraser.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16