Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Once the owners and players get around to having an NBA season, Shaquille O’Neal will have a day job. Well, really a night job, but he’ll be part of the TNT crew on Inside the NBA.
But he’s coming up with a fallback position.
The man who helped bring us “Kazaam” now is studying to direct, according to TMZ.
Shaq is about to complete the Filmmaking Conservatory at the New York Film Academy’s branch at Universal Studios Hollywood. Shaq’s been very hands-on during directing and cinematography classes — walking his crew through stunts … and shooting on the studio’s famous back lot.
In some ways Shaq has the personality to be a director — he can be gregarious, funny and friendly and get people to do his bidding that way. Should he need to intimidate a little, well, he is a rather massive human being.
But after “Steel” do we really trust Shaq’s script choices? He’s worse than Brendan Fraser.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28