Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Once the owners and players get around to having an NBA season, Shaquille O’Neal will have a day job. Well, really a night job, but he’ll be part of the TNT crew on Inside the NBA.
But he’s coming up with a fallback position.
The man who helped bring us “Kazaam” now is studying to direct, according to TMZ.
Shaq is about to complete the Filmmaking Conservatory at the New York Film Academy’s branch at Universal Studios Hollywood. Shaq’s been very hands-on during directing and cinematography classes — walking his crew through stunts … and shooting on the studio’s famous back lot.
In some ways Shaq has the personality to be a director — he can be gregarious, funny and friendly and get people to do his bidding that way. Should he need to intimidate a little, well, he is a rather massive human being.
But after “Steel” do we really trust Shaq’s script choices? He’s worse than Brendan Fraser.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46