Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Once the owners and players get around to having an NBA season, Shaquille O’Neal will have a day job. Well, really a night job, but he’ll be part of the TNT crew on Inside the NBA.
But he’s coming up with a fallback position.
The man who helped bring us “Kazaam” now is studying to direct, according to TMZ.
Shaq is about to complete the Filmmaking Conservatory at the New York Film Academy’s branch at Universal Studios Hollywood. Shaq’s been very hands-on during directing and cinematography classes — walking his crew through stunts … and shooting on the studio’s famous back lot.
In some ways Shaq has the personality to be a director — he can be gregarious, funny and friendly and get people to do his bidding that way. Should he need to intimidate a little, well, he is a rather massive human being.
But after “Steel” do we really trust Shaq’s script choices? He’s worse than Brendan Fraser.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47