Aug 15, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is taking a Lithuanian vacation.
Lawson will join Sonny Weems as both have signed with Zalgiris in the Lithuanian league to play during the lockout, as tweeted by DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony (and he got it from this Lithuanian publication, which you can Google translate at your leisure).
Lawson has a seven-figure deal with an opt out clause to return to the Nuggets whenever the lockout ends, Givony reports.
Zalgiris is the defending Lithuanian league champion and a team playing in the EuroLeague. This is the team run by newly minted Hall of Famer Arvydas Sabonis and also includes Summer League sensation (and former St. Mary’s star) Omar Samhan.
With a backcourt of Lawson and Weems, Zalgiris is going to have one of the most athletic backcourts in all of Europe.
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 18
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0