Aug 15, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is taking a Lithuanian vacation.
Lawson will join Sonny Weems as both have signed with Zalgiris in the Lithuanian league to play during the lockout, as tweeted by DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony (and he got it from this Lithuanian publication, which you can Google translate at your leisure).
Lawson has a seven-figure deal with an opt out clause to return to the Nuggets whenever the lockout ends, Givony reports.
Zalgiris is the defending Lithuanian league champion and a team playing in the EuroLeague. This is the team run by newly minted Hall of Famer Arvydas Sabonis and also includes Summer League sensation (and former St. Mary’s star) Omar Samhan.
With a backcourt of Lawson and Weems, Zalgiris is going to have one of the most athletic backcourts in all of Europe.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 0
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6