Aug 15, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is taking a Lithuanian vacation.
Lawson will join Sonny Weems as both have signed with Zalgiris in the Lithuanian league to play during the lockout, as tweeted by DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony (and he got it from this Lithuanian publication, which you can Google translate at your leisure).
Lawson has a seven-figure deal with an opt out clause to return to the Nuggets whenever the lockout ends, Givony reports.
Zalgiris is the defending Lithuanian league champion and a team playing in the EuroLeague. This is the team run by newly minted Hall of Famer Arvydas Sabonis and also includes Summer League sensation (and former St. Mary’s star) Omar Samhan.
With a backcourt of Lawson and Weems, Zalgiris is going to have one of the most athletic backcourts in all of Europe.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12