Aug 15, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is taking a Lithuanian vacation.
Lawson will join Sonny Weems as both have signed with Zalgiris in the Lithuanian league to play during the lockout, as tweeted by DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony (and he got it from this Lithuanian publication, which you can Google translate at your leisure).
Lawson has a seven-figure deal with an opt out clause to return to the Nuggets whenever the lockout ends, Givony reports.
Zalgiris is the defending Lithuanian league champion and a team playing in the EuroLeague. This is the team run by newly minted Hall of Famer Arvydas Sabonis and also includes Summer League sensation (and former St. Mary’s star) Omar Samhan.
With a backcourt of Lawson and Weems, Zalgiris is going to have one of the most athletic backcourts in all of Europe.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43