Aug 15, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
We’d be willing to bet that Phil Jackson will not be the presenter, but the question is should it happen at all:
Should Jerry Krause be the next Chicago Bull in the basketball Hall of Fame?
The question came up as Dennis Rodman was enshrined in the hall this past weekend — Krause inherited Michael Jordan but drafted Scottie Pippin, brought in guys like Rodman and Toni Kukoc, put Tex Winter and Jackson together, and generally assembled the roster that won six titles and owned a decade.
Aggry Sam has Krause on his list of the next 10 NBA people who should be in the hall over at CSNChicago.com.
While his efforts have been underappreciated over the years due to feuds with Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson, Krause’s keen eye for talent and sharpness in making transactions, such as his draft-day trade to acquire Scottie Pippen, were a cornerstone of the Bulls’ dynasty.
To me, Don Nelson and Spencer Haywood top the list for the next class, but if you’re really going to keep honoring the Bulls dynasty era, you need to honor Krause. Jordan and Jackson may not like it, but Krause is a deserving part of that franchise who should be honored.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 59
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 67
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31