Aug 15, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
We’d be willing to bet that Phil Jackson will not be the presenter, but the question is should it happen at all:
Should Jerry Krause be the next Chicago Bull in the basketball Hall of Fame?
The question came up as Dennis Rodman was enshrined in the hall this past weekend — Krause inherited Michael Jordan but drafted Scottie Pippin, brought in guys like Rodman and Toni Kukoc, put Tex Winter and Jackson together, and generally assembled the roster that won six titles and owned a decade.
Aggry Sam has Krause on his list of the next 10 NBA people who should be in the hall over at CSNChicago.com.
While his efforts have been underappreciated over the years due to feuds with Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson, Krause’s keen eye for talent and sharpness in making transactions, such as his draft-day trade to acquire Scottie Pippen, were a cornerstone of the Bulls’ dynasty.
To me, Don Nelson and Spencer Haywood top the list for the next class, but if you’re really going to keep honoring the Bulls dynasty era, you need to honor Krause. Jordan and Jackson may not like it, but Krause is a deserving part of that franchise who should be honored.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9