Aug 15, 2011, 11:05 AM EST
We’d be willing to bet that Phil Jackson will not be the presenter, but the question is should it happen at all:
Should Jerry Krause be the next Chicago Bull in the basketball Hall of Fame?
The question came up as Dennis Rodman was enshrined in the hall this past weekend — Krause inherited Michael Jordan but drafted Scottie Pippin, brought in guys like Rodman and Toni Kukoc, put Tex Winter and Jackson together, and generally assembled the roster that won six titles and owned a decade.
Aggry Sam has Krause on his list of the next 10 NBA people who should be in the hall over at CSNChicago.com.
While his efforts have been underappreciated over the years due to feuds with Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson, Krause’s keen eye for talent and sharpness in making transactions, such as his draft-day trade to acquire Scottie Pippen, were a cornerstone of the Bulls’ dynasty.
To me, Don Nelson and Spencer Haywood top the list for the next class, but if you’re really going to keep honoring the Bulls dynasty era, you need to honor Krause. Jordan and Jackson may not like it, but Krause is a deserving part of that franchise who should be honored.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 1
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 29
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 7
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)