Aug 15, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
During Dennis Rodman’s emotional Hall of Fame acceptance speech he smacked around his father, who skipped out on Rodman when he was just age 5, saying he had 46 brothers and sisters and they basically all deserved better.
That’s totally not true. Rodman’s father tried to defend himself Chris Palmer of ESPN, who tweeted:
Philander Rodman, Dennis’ father, sets the record straight. Says he has 29 kids. Not 47.
Oh, in that case he’s in the running for Father of the Year.
And yes, his name really is Philander. We couldn’t have made that up.
If you have that many children and skip out on them… well, karma is a b—-. I fear what the universe has in store for him.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 1
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 16
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)