Aug 15, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
During Dennis Rodman’s emotional Hall of Fame acceptance speech he smacked around his father, who skipped out on Rodman when he was just age 5, saying he had 46 brothers and sisters and they basically all deserved better.
That’s totally not true. Rodman’s father tried to defend himself Chris Palmer of ESPN, who tweeted:
Philander Rodman, Dennis’ father, sets the record straight. Says he has 29 kids. Not 47.
Oh, in that case he’s in the running for Father of the Year.
And yes, his name really is Philander. We couldn’t have made that up.
If you have that many children and skip out on them… well, karma is a b—-. I fear what the universe has in store for him.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24