Aug 15, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
During Dennis Rodman’s emotional Hall of Fame acceptance speech he smacked around his father, who skipped out on Rodman when he was just age 5, saying he had 46 brothers and sisters and they basically all deserved better.
That’s totally not true. Rodman’s father tried to defend himself Chris Palmer of ESPN, who tweeted:
Philander Rodman, Dennis’ father, sets the record straight. Says he has 29 kids. Not 47.
Oh, in that case he’s in the running for Father of the Year.
And yes, his name really is Philander. We couldn’t have made that up.
If you have that many children and skip out on them… well, karma is a b—-. I fear what the universe has in store for him.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 0
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7