Aug 15, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
During Dennis Rodman’s emotional Hall of Fame acceptance speech he smacked around his father, who skipped out on Rodman when he was just age 5, saying he had 46 brothers and sisters and they basically all deserved better.
That’s totally not true. Rodman’s father tried to defend himself Chris Palmer of ESPN, who tweeted:
Philander Rodman, Dennis’ father, sets the record straight. Says he has 29 kids. Not 47.
Oh, in that case he’s in the running for Father of the Year.
And yes, his name really is Philander. We couldn’t have made that up.
If you have that many children and skip out on them… well, karma is a b—-. I fear what the universe has in store for him.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10