Aug 15, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
During Dennis Rodman’s emotional Hall of Fame acceptance speech he smacked around his father, who skipped out on Rodman when he was just age 5, saying he had 46 brothers and sisters and they basically all deserved better.
That’s totally not true. Rodman’s father tried to defend himself Chris Palmer of ESPN, who tweeted:
Philander Rodman, Dennis’ father, sets the record straight. Says he has 29 kids. Not 47.
Oh, in that case he’s in the running for Father of the Year.
And yes, his name really is Philander. We couldn’t have made that up.
If you have that many children and skip out on them… well, karma is a b—-. I fear what the universe has in store for him.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6