Aug 12, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
“I was thinking about that, calling some of the players up, trying to get them to Sacramento early. I know it’s going to be pretty hard for the rookies because they haven’t set up yet with (homes). But I mean, the guys that have been playing, the veterans and the guys who have been playing a couple years on our team…I was definitely thinking of calling them up and (trying) to get a local gym in Sacramento and having a training camp.”
For a young team with a lot of new parts, team-run practices like that can really help. There is a steep learning curve with the Kings — J.J. Hickson and Jimmer Fredette are new and going to play big roles along with Evans and DeMarcus Cousins, plus John Salmons will get a lot of touches. The more they can get used to each other before the lockout ends, the better.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 21
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6