Aug 12, 2011, 12:18 PM EST
Friday, Chris Mullin deservedly gets his place in basketball’s Hall of Fame.
When you think of Chris Mullin what comes to mind? The flat-top haircut for sure. In New York it’s his years at St. John’s. Maybe it’s him draining threes on the 1992 Dream Team.
For me, it’s Run TMC.
Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin putting on a show with the Warriors. They were not better than the Lakers of that era, but they were just as fun to watch.
Mullin is back in good with the Warriors (thanks to the new ownership) and while there are plans to put Mullin’s number in the rafters finally, he told the San Jose Mercury News he would love to see all of Run TMC put up there together.
Mullin suggests retiring all three jersey numbers at the same time — Run TMC lifted into the rafters at Oracle Arena in one unifying, thunderous moment?
“I would like that,” Mullin said this week. “I think the fans would like it, too. … To me, it doesn’t always have to be about one person. I know I’d feel more comfortable. That would feel natural to me.
Richmond and Hardaway were not as iconic members of the Warriors as Mullin (who went on to be the team’s GM after his playing days). But there would be something special, something celebratory of a great time in Warriors history if all three did go up together.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10