Aug 12, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
We tend to think that the reason franchises like the Lakers (or Spurs or recently the Heat) keep getting the best players is simply good management. They are smarter than the other guy.
But with that has to come some luck.
With that we present this video from nbatradetracker.net (via Ball Don’t Lie). I have always loved the story of how the Lakers made some smart moves (trading Gail Goodrich at the right time) and got some dumb luck that ended up giving them the greatest player in franchise history. And how if one coin flip had gone another way the Bulls would not have gotten theirs. Watch and enjoy.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27