Aug 12, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
We tend to think that the reason franchises like the Lakers (or Spurs or recently the Heat) keep getting the best players is simply good management. They are smarter than the other guy.
But with that has to come some luck.
With that we present this video from nbatradetracker.net (via Ball Don’t Lie). I have always loved the story of how the Lakers made some smart moves (trading Gail Goodrich at the right time) and got some dumb luck that ended up giving them the greatest player in franchise history. And how if one coin flip had gone another way the Bulls would not have gotten theirs. Watch and enjoy.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 50
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 56