Aug 12, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
We tend to think that the reason franchises like the Lakers (or Spurs or recently the Heat) keep getting the best players is simply good management. They are smarter than the other guy.
But with that has to come some luck.
With that we present this video from nbatradetracker.net (via Ball Don’t Lie). I have always loved the story of how the Lakers made some smart moves (trading Gail Goodrich at the right time) and got some dumb luck that ended up giving them the greatest player in franchise history. And how if one coin flip had gone another way the Bulls would not have gotten theirs. Watch and enjoy.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 8
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 8
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18