Aug 12, 2011, 11:25 AM EST
We tend to think that the reason franchises like the Lakers (or Spurs or recently the Heat) keep getting the best players is simply good management. They are smarter than the other guy.
But with that has to come some luck.
With that we present this video from nbatradetracker.net (via Ball Don’t Lie). I have always loved the story of how the Lakers made some smart moves (trading Gail Goodrich at the right time) and got some dumb luck that ended up giving them the greatest player in franchise history. And how if one coin flip had gone another way the Bulls would not have gotten theirs. Watch and enjoy.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18