Aug 12, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
We tend to think that the reason franchises like the Lakers (or Spurs or recently the Heat) keep getting the best players is simply good management. They are smarter than the other guy.
But with that has to come some luck.
With that we present this video from nbatradetracker.net (via Ball Don’t Lie). I have always loved the story of how the Lakers made some smart moves (trading Gail Goodrich at the right time) and got some dumb luck that ended up giving them the greatest player in franchise history. And how if one coin flip had gone another way the Bulls would not have gotten theirs. Watch and enjoy.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14