Aug 12, 2011, 11:01 AM EST
In some ways, Delonte West is the kind of NBA player who should be looking overseas during the lockout.
He’s a free agent so he doesn’t need an opt-out clause if he doesn’t want it. And while West makes good money by your and my standards (he made $1 million last season) he is not making stratospheric NBA money — he has a limited window of time to make as much money as he can and taking a year off is not ideal.
But West isn’t going anywhere, and his legal troubles are to blame. He tweeted this Thursday:
Can’t even go get that over seas money.. Judge said it’s a no go on leaving the country…
Remember West was arrested in September of 2009 West when speeding through Maryland on a three-wheel motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns, a loaded shotgun and a hunting knife. All without a permit. He took a plea deal that included parole.
So West will not be getting any money from a team in China, nor even reaching a deal to be in British soap operas.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10