Aug 12, 2011, 10:26 AM EDT
All we are saying, is World Peace is going to give England a chance.
Yesterday, his handers were trying to play down the idea of Ron Artest — soon to officially be Metta World Peace — playing for the Cheshire Jets in England next season. He’s just going there next week to get the lay of the land, they said.
Meanwhile the Lakers forward himself is rushing full speed ahead with the exuberance that usually accompanies his off the court activities. Artest doesn’t really know going slow. And speaking with Mark Medina at the Los Angeles Times, Artest wasn’t trying to apply the breaks, he was hitting the gas.
“I’m definitely going to play for the Jets,” Artest said in a phone interview Thursday night. “I’m definitely going to play for the Jets.”
Just for the record Ron (or Metta), it’s bad negotiating tactics to tell the other side you’re going to take a deal before you talk price. Not that they can pay much anyway, but they are trying to be creative, like having Artest get a role on a British soap opera.
“I went on Jimmy Kimmel in my underwear, so, of course I would do a soap opera,” said Artest, who also appeared Thursday in George Lopez’s series finale. “Hands down. When they told me I had the opportunity and asked if I wanted to do a soap opera, I said, ‘Of course, man.’ I’m not going to run away. When I was a kid, I wanted to be on TV. Why would I run away from being on TV?”
That leaves it to his agent and others to deal with the dull details of things like finding insurance for the remaining $21 million he has in NBA salary.
But it looks like this is a go; Artest thinks it will be fun.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0